E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What repairs does the European Delivery include?

08-30-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
CSL-Fanatik
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, e46 M3 CSL

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
What repairs does the European Delivery include?

Hey Everybody,

I recently picked up my e92 in Europe and drove it for about one month. The journey was unbelievable, and I recommend that everybody experiences BMW Munich and the Pick-Up for themselves.

As I was parking my car one day, I scrached the front bumper slightly at the curb. The scrach is only 1-2 inch long, and if you do not know about it you would probably never see it.

But I am wondering if anybody knows if such things are included in the European Delivery Insurance? Has anybody ever taken advantage of the insurance while they picked up their car in Europe? What has their experience been?

The car is currently being shipped, but could I somehow get BMW to brush over it?

Best regards, and thank you for any information,

CSL
      08-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Did you declare the damage to Harms when you dropped the car off? At least last year, the insurance included zero deductible collision coverage, and the general practice was for the VDC to repair minor damage on the US end. That's likely what will happen if they see it. If you didn't declare it, and they don't see it, then you're going to be at the mercy of the delivering dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
HemetKid
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atlantic Blue 2008 e92 328

I did almost exactly the same thing in Rothenburg. I did not report it to HARMS as it was pouring the night I left the car with Thomas. He did not spot it either when he did the condition report. To make a long story short, the damage was not repaired at either the VPC or the dealer (and I was anxious to get the car home). I called the ED insurance lady and after she did some checking sent me a claim number and told me to contact the nearest BMW center to get it fixed. I did and they did (through a very good body shop). The only down side was that they did not pay for a rental replacement and the dealer did not give me a loaner (I didn't buy the car from them). But now all is well and my mark of Rothenburg is only a memory.
      08-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
CSL-Fanatik
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
Did you declare the damage to Harms when you dropped the car off? At least last year, the insurance included zero deductible collision coverage, and the general practice was for the VDC to repair minor damage on the US end. That's likely what will happen if they see it. If you didn't declare it, and they don't see it, then you're going to be at the mercy of the delivering dealer.
Yes, the damage was recognized by Harms. Thank you for your input, and it looks like it'll be taken care of.
Thank you very much,

CSL
      08-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
HemetKid
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atlantic Blue 2008 e92 328

Tried to reply to your PM buy got an error message. Here is the response, hope you don't mind the public view. =
No, I didn't call while the car was on the boat. I hoped that the damage would be recognized at the VPC or the dealer and would be fixed. It was too small, apparently, to be noticed/fixed by the VPC. By the time it got to the dealer I just wanted my hands on the car (as you know the wait is terrible) so I showed it to the CA so she could support me that the damage occurred before redelivery and off I went. The lady at Marsh, the insurance carrier, was very nice. I had a little trouble because the local dealer sent me directly to the body shop rather than dealing with them, but the body shop took care of it all and I got a repaired car with nothing out of my pocket other than the rental car (sigh). Don't worry about it, BMW/Marsh will take good care of you (I was surprised at how well it went). = Dick
      09-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
CSL-Fanatik
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemetKid View Post
Tried to reply to your PM buy got an error message. Here is the response, hope you don't mind the public view. =
No, I didn't call while the car was on the boat. I hoped that the damage would be recognized at the VPC or the dealer and would be fixed. It was too small, apparently, to be noticed/fixed by the VPC. By the time it got to the dealer I just wanted my hands on the car (as you know the wait is terrible) so I showed it to the CA so she could support me that the damage occurred before redelivery and off I went. The lady at Marsh, the insurance carrier, was very nice. I had a little trouble because the local dealer sent me directly to the body shop rather than dealing with them, but the body shop took care of it all and I got a repaired car with nothing out of my pocket other than the rental car (sigh). Don't worry about it, BMW/Marsh will take good care of you (I was surprised at how well it went). = Dick
Thank you so much for your response! I feel much better now, kowing that I will get the car in perfect condition.

Thanks again,

CSL
      09-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
It's good that Harms noted it, but you should start a claim with Marsh now. Harms is really only marking it for shipping purposes.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0