Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications M Performance exhaust Europe M340i

10-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
Steveltwins
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340I

M Performance exhaust Europe M340i

Hello,

So I have been reading the forum and saw some people who got the M performance exhaust : https://www.bmwpartspros.com/oem-par...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

Since I am from Europe, this would be a very big upgrade the sound of the car, however in Europe the exhaust is not certified.
Because of this the dealership can't tell me if this would fit my car or not.
They told me they can order the part trough South Africa but have no idea if it would fit the current exhaust setup. ( plug and play ? )

Anyone have an idea if the European exhaust lineup is different from US ?

If not I am planning to take the risk and get it

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #2
SemtexGT
Romanian Spy
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

I don't see why it wouldn't fit. My dealership already asked me if I'm interested in the MPE. Didn't mention anything about fitment problems.

These are the 2 exhausts systems that the M340i has, the one with OPFs for Europe and one without, for the states. They look very similar, I don't think there should be any problems.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 04:36 AM   #3
Steveltwins
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemtexGT View Post
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. My dealership already asked me if I'm interested in the MPE. Didn't mention anything about fitment problems.

These are the 2 exhausts systems that the M340i has, the one with OPFs for Europe and one without, for the states. They look very similar, I don't think there should be any problems.
Ok thanks.
Just received a mail from my dealership and they say: for Europe part number 18 have 75 diameter and part 19 have 70 diameter so they won't fit, could anyone confirm this ?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
Delija
VIP
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

Any new info about this?
      04-08-2020, 06:46 AM   #5
Denys_BMW
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveltwins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemtexGT View Post

Ok thanks.
Just received a mail from my dealership and they say: for Europe part number 18 have 75 diameter and part 19 have 70 diameter so they won't fit, could anyone confirm this ?
Thanks.
If you carefully look at the picture, you will see that the connection of the Muffler to MidPipe and MidPipe to DownPipe is different for the USA version and the European version. 99,9% that if you want USA M-Performance Muffler you will need complete USA exhaust system or welding work with cutting OEM parts. Well, the tube that is responsible for the GPF will need to be put somewhere and turned off programmatically. It is located on the European DownPipe.
Appreciate 0