BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-14-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

After Stalking Boards for 1 year - Finally placed order for M50i

Wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this board. Wealth of knowledge ranging from aesthetic choices to pricing strategies. Tremendous help with putting together my build and getting, what I think, is a fair deal. Planning on doing the PCD, so really looking forward to that!

Here's my spec sheet. I was able to get the dealer to give me $9,000 off of MSRP, so right at 9% discount. If incentives drop between now and the time I pick her up, that could be even more.

Just placed the order on Saturday, so don't have a production number yet, but hopefully I get that by EOB today.

The short of the build = Mineral White/Coffee Extended, 22" Bi-Color, did not get DHP, Night Vision, or Alcantara, everything else checked.

I was struggling b/w getting the B&W sound and DHP - opted for B&W simply because I've never had DHP, so from a perception standpoint, I wouldn't know what I was missing. Whereas B&W has the visual element where I could see every day that I didn't get B&W. I know it sounds vain, but that was the train of thought.

Now the waiting begins.... is it done yet??
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Summary.pdf (150.8 KB, 222 views)
Appreciate 1
wtwo317943.50
      10-14-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Congrats! Looks like a great build.

Trust me the waiting is grueling, but you'll be rewarded at the end!

I would push the dealer to get you a production # asap, I had issues with my original dealer that kept giving me the runaround on getting a production #, 2 weeks later and still no production # and I ended up pulling my deposit and going to a different dealer that got me one within a few hours.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1045.00
      10-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post

I would push the dealer to get you a production # asap, I had issues with my original dealer that kept giving me the runaround on getting a production #, 2 weeks later and still no production # and I ended up pulling my deposit and going to a different dealer that got me one within a few hours.
Yeah I remember your story. The dealer just called and said I should have a production number this week, if not by EOB. I used your "horror" story of the reason why I'm so persistent. Another example of why this board is so valuable.
Appreciate 2
wtwo317943.50
      10-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Congratulations, hopefully the wait won't be too painful. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
Appreciate 2
VTENGR1045.00
natahoa252.00
      10-14-2019, 05:33 PM   #5
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post

Got the production number tonight! It's on it's way!!
Appreciate 2
wtwo317943.50
natahoa252.00
      10-15-2019, 07:39 AM   #6
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Congratulations, hopefully the wait won't be too painful. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
Oh it WILL be painful. And the online tracker is useless. Your dealer can get an accurate update, but it will prob take a few weeks to enter production, then is basically built in a day.

Then it waits for transport. My car took a week to get from SC to Delaware. You are even closer in ATL, so it could take two ...

Just kidding ... my dealer is tiny and only gets cars once a week at best. Your dealer is probably a behemoth that gets cars much more frequently.

Congrats and find something really interesting to distract yourself you are gonna need it.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #7
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
Oh it WILL be painful. And the online tracker is useless. Your dealer can get an accurate update, but it will prob take a few weeks to enter production, then is basically built in a day.

Then it waits for transport. My car took a week to get from SC to Delaware. You are even closer in ATL, so it could take two ...

Just kidding ... my dealer is tiny and only gets cars once a week at best. Your dealer is probably a behemoth that gets cars much more frequently.

Congrats and find something really interesting to distract yourself you are gonna need it.
I'll be picking it up in Spartenburg, so that will just add to the build time!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 11:34 PM   #8
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

PCD doesnt really add to the build time, but you could have a month or more delay from when the car finishes production to when you are allowed to pick it up. It's all up to the PCD scheduling folks, and their process for scheduling pickup dates seems to be a secret.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1045.00
      10-16-2019, 02:58 AM   #9
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
PCD doesnt really add to the build time, but you could have a month or more delay from when the car finishes production to when you are allowed to pick it up. It's all up to the PCD scheduling folks, and their process for scheduling pickup dates seems to be a secret.
Thanks. Called the Genius and found out I have a week 50 production allocation. Trying to guestimate from that when the PCD could happen.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 06:08 AM   #10
TallyGator2002
Rep
Drives: 2017 GMC Yukon Denali

I ordered my 2020 X5 M50i around August 20th. Due to choosing Individual color (Tanazanite Blue II), Individual seats (Full Merino Night Blue/Ivory) and Individual trim (silver ash polished wood) it pushed my production week to Week 41. According to the online tracker car went into production Sept 30th (was told it would be produced week of Oct 7) and was completed that week and last week finished all checks, etc. I am scheduled for Mon, Oct 28th PCD delivery and my dealer called me Monday to complete the paperwork...he said they are required to have all paperwork done at least a week before the PCD delivery date.

Also it took longer than normal to get my PCD date as the PCD people emailed the dealer and said they don't like to schedule a date for cars with Individual options until after production is started since those cars often have production delays...

Hope that helps you with what to expect on timeline.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1045.00
      10-16-2019, 07:41 AM   #11
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyGator2002 View Post
I ordered my 2020 X5 M50i around August 20th. Due to choosing Individual color (Tanazanite Blue II), Individual seats (Full Merino Night Blue/Ivory) and Individual trim (silver ash polished wood) it pushed my production week to Week 41. According to the online tracker car went into production Sept 30th (was told it would be produced week of Oct 7) and was completed that week and last week finished all checks, etc. I am scheduled for Mon, Oct 28th PCD delivery and my dealer called me Monday to complete the paperwork...he said they are required to have all paperwork done at least a week before the PCD delivery date.

Also it took longer than normal to get my PCD date as the PCD people emailed the dealer and said they don't like to schedule a date for cars with Individual options until after production is started since those cars often have production delays...

Hope that helps you with what to expect on timeline.
So for your order it was about 10 weeks from the time you ordered to your PCD date. If mine follows the same timeline, my PCD date will be around Christmas - - I hope mine gets pushed up by luck of the draw Christmas is hectic enough for my family as it is...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #12
TallyGator2002
Rep
Drives: 2017 GMC Yukon Denali

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
So for your order it was about 10 weeks from the time you ordered to your PCD date. If mine follows the same timeline, my PCD date will be around Christmas - - I hope mine gets pushed up by luck of the draw Christmas is hectic enough for my family as it is...
Hopefully it will come in sooner! It doesn't look like you chose Individual paint or interior color (not sure which trim you chose) so that should help. Mine would have been produced a month earlier they said without the Individual options. Apparently they only run Individual options one week a month and also some of them are sometimes backordered or something.

Good luck! Mine just arrived at the PCD and I pick it up on the 28th...can't wait
Appreciate 0