F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Pre-CPO expiry inspection
GetBMWParts

10-08-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
khj24
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Pre-CPO expiry inspection

Does anyone have any experiences with getting something similar to a PPO done before warranty expires at an indy? I have a few things I would like to get checked out, including some possible suspension component issues in my post history that is unlikely to be covered by CPO so I figured I could get a bit more thorough of an inspection if I took it to an indy beforehand then to the dealer with a list of things to potentially address that would be covered. This should allow me to hopefully schedule a loaner ahead of time as well.

Also if you have a recommended West Houston area independent, that would be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by khj24 View Post
Does anyone have any experiences with getting something similar to a PPO done before warranty expires at an indy? I have a few things I would like to get checked out, including some possible suspension component issues in my post history that is unlikely to be covered by CPO so I figured I could get a bit more thorough of an inspection if I took it to an indy beforehand then to the dealer with a list of things to potentially address that would be covered. This should allow me to hopefully schedule a loaner ahead of time as well.

Also if you have a recommended West Houston area independent, that would be much appreciated!
I had a '14 335i that I tried to do the same before I bought it off the lease. Asked an indy here in Cary, NC to do a thorough inspection, but they didn't really do anything different than the regular inspection they do, and it checked out healthy. If you go this route, just tell the indy to specifically check the suspension for whatever you were experiencing.

I now have a '15 335i and original warranty expires this month. Have an appt at the BMW dealer for an oil change and inspection in a couple days, and specifically asked to have software versions checked and updated, because I don't think most indys will do that. We'll see what happens.

If you don't already have a dealer service record showing that they checked suspension per your request, it might be good to have the dealer do the inspection so you've got something in writing in case you do have an issue later.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
khj24
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by otay View Post
I had a '14 335i that I tried to do the same before I bought it off the lease. Asked an indy here in Cary, NC to do a thorough inspection, but they didn't really do anything different than the regular inspection they do, and it checked out healthy. If you go this route, just tell the indy to specifically check the suspension for whatever you were experiencing.

I now have a '15 335i and original warranty expires this month. Have an appt at the BMW dealer for an oil change and inspection in a couple days, and specifically asked to have software versions checked and updated, because I don't think most indys will do that. We'll see what happens.

If you don't already have a dealer service record showing that they checked suspension per your request, it might be good to have the dealer do the inspection so you've got something in writing in case you do have an issue later.
Definitely will ask the dealer to handle the software as I would not expect an indy to even venture into that. I think if the suspension issue was likely to be covered under CPO I would skip the indy part, but since I cant quite figure this out the issue myself and dont like the idea of a dealer just saying "wear item- not covered" without really looking into it. It will be the dealer's problem then mine if the indy cant figure it out anyways. I just think they'll put a bit more time into finding things wrong and that could easily save me the cost of paying for an inspection.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
You can check for indy’s here - www.bimrs.org and www.bimmershops.com .
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

10-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #5
khj24
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
You can check for indy’s here - www.bimrs.org and www.bimmershops.com .
Thanks for this, I knew there was a shop like 2 miles from my office, but I couldn't remember the website where I saw it was recommended!
Appreciate 0