BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-01-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
nycz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Scheduled for Production

I have a relatively silly question. I have a production number for my custom 2020 X5 build and it is in scheduled for production status on the BMW website tracker but I have yet to sign any papers. Numbers have been basically agreed to. Can the dealer rescind the offer even if the car is scheduled for production?

Also, is getting the build week the only way to know when the car will be built? Dealer quoting 2.5-3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
Mrv10
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycz View Post
I have a relatively silly question. I have a production number for my custom 2020 X5 build and it is in scheduled for production status on the BMW website tracker but I have yet to sign any papers. Numbers have been basically agreed to. Can the dealer rescind the offer even if the car is scheduled for production?

Also, is getting the build week the only way to know when the car will be built? Dealer quoting 2.5-3 weeks.

I dont think its a silly question at all. This has crossed my mind as well. I placed an order for a 16 x5 without anything other than a convo based on my options, currently awaiting my20 build and same process just a convo about options. My build is set to be completed 9-4.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:

It's an agreement and, of course, both the dealer and you should live up to what has been agreed to. If you are asking if the fact the car is in production somehow prevents the dealer from rescinding a verbal agreement they made to you, the answer is no.

In the case of your custom order, the dealer might change the price when you go to buy it, and violate the verbal agreement he made, and if you refuse just put the car into his inventory.

It would be no different than you offering to buy a car off the lot and the dealer verbally accepting your offer and later saying "Sorry I just sold that I agreed to sell to you to someone else for more than you offered." The dealer should do not that and you might have some legal recourse but verbal agreements can be very hard to enforce.

Do you have a feeling the dealer might do something like this to you?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #4
jeymz
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 x40i

Quote:

My build is currently at the port so hopefully should get it within a few weeks.
After negotiating price on my build via email, I actually went to the dealership when they submitted the order, had them print it out and sign the agreed OTD price.
I don't expect any funny business when it comes time to take delivery but I'd be lying if that has not crossed my mind.
We'll see...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 08:23 PM   #5
nycz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I am certain the whole thing is kosher but getting those pre delivery jitters
Appreciate 0