E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Heater and A/C come on intermittently.

07-24-2019, 07:36 AM   #1
assassinsbrotherhood
330d E90 LCI M Sport.
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 330d e90 LCI M Sport

Garage List
Heater and A/C come on intermittently.

I have read in a few previous threads about this happening.it has been going on for years with other peoples cars and now mine But no-one has suggested a permanent fix. Everything is switched off, no climate control set to Auto, battery is fine, just comes on about every 5 min or so with no reasoning as to why. It only just starting happening 3 days ago and has never happened before in the 9yrs of owning the car. Does anyone have a fix for this ghost.? I have checked all coding, battery, and even the condensation sensors for a fault in the mirrors and screens! Can anyone rid me of this ghost or is an exorcism needed?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinsbrotherhood View Post
...Everything is switched off, no climate control set to Auto, battery is fine, just comes on about every 5 min or so with no reasoning as to why. It only just starting happening 3 days ago and has never happened before in the 9yrs of owning the car.
Please indicate EVERYTHING that comes on "by Gremlin".

1) Blower?
2) Climate Control Panel display, lights, thermostat readout, etc.?
3) Any Warning Lights or Icons on the Instrument Cluster?
4) Anything else powered via the JBE Module, such as the Wipers, or other systems?
5) I presume this ONLY happens when Ignition On(?) or does it happen at other times?
6) If "'whatever' just comes on" WITHOUT ignition being on, please explain under what Remote Key, lock/unlock, etc. conditions that occurs.

We can't do anything but speculate without answers to questions above.
George
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 06:46 AM   #3
assassinsbrotherhood
330d E90 LCI M Sport.
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 330d e90 LCI M Sport

Garage List
Thanks for the reply. If the last setting was air con or heater it does not matter. The only thing that comes on when the car is in motion is the display panel with the blower too. Nothing else. What ever we use last just starts up every 5 min.Nothing else is malfunctioning and all works great. Although since I have inserted the key fob into the dash recently and turned it off and then reset it all back to our usual settings it has not done it again for the last 3 wks. Maybe thats all it needed. Do not know why though>?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
Makoa6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E90 MT6spd 4door

you might want to check up on recalls??? I know that my car has a recall for the blower motor wiring.
Appreciate 0