E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Charge Pipe w/relo Inlets install

07-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #1
1stupidsailor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Charge Pipe w/relo Inlets install

I'm hoping someone has run into this before or it's something my feeble mind is missing...

Currently installing the VRSF 7.5" and both charge pipes (VRSF). Got the IC mounted and turbo side connections are all hooked up. Installed the upper charge pipe to the TB but ran into an issue with fitment. I have the CP nice and seated, however I have VRSF silicon relocated inlets, meaning the coolant reservoir is now in the way. No matter how I rotate it, the CP is pushed up against the reservoir and that's with the reservoir off it's brackets to get the CP seated. I'm trying to pull up and manipulate it, however the hose from the bottom of the reservoir seems to be holding it from moving far.

I had a shop install the inlets before I ordered the CP and IC since he was doing the VRSF downpipes as well and I figured might as well knock it out at once. Looking at the hose routing for the hose going to the bottom of the reservoir from the passenger side that was zipped to the metal line, it appears it may have been run under a hose it shouldn't have though I don't have a reference. Anyone able to look at the pictures and let me know if that looks correct? Right now it seems there's absolutely no way that reservoir is going back to its mount with the CP in place, and that's without even the coupler for the lower CP attached. Any help would be much appreciated, pics attached for reference. I'm trying not to bend, crimp and squeeze coolant line any more than I have to, I already have trust issues with the car as it is. I'm hoping someone's done the relo inlet install with an aftermarket charge pipe (which would typically come first anyways) and maybe remembers how or what goes where. If I'm being retarded and it's obvious, no hurt feelings here. Thanks in advance!

Side note: every VRSF piece has been excellent quality and fitment, with plenty of room on the couplers, and after a ton of shroud cutting, the IC fits beautifully with the lower couplers being a breeze. Quite happy with all of it, just need to figure out a way around the reservoir issue.
Attached Images

'08 AW 335i
Money pit...

Last edited by 1stupidsailor; 07-07-2019 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0