E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Phantom SES light

07-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Phantom SES light

A few days ago the yellow Service Engine Soon light came on while I was driving. I got home, turned the car off, and restarted it and the light was off and has stayed off since. I first used a generic OBDII scanner and it didn't show any active or saved codes. I then used INPA to read any errors or codes and I got absolutely nothing other than the usual FZD A670 (fogging sensor) that's always present.

I couldn't find anything related to any saved fault that would have triggered the SES light. What could this be?

I do smell gasoline from the fuel door area, so it's possible that I have a faulty gas cap, however I was under the impression that even if this would have cleared itself it would have at least been saved as a stored fault.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
A few days ago the yellow Service Engine Soon light came on while I was driving. I got home, turned the car off, and restarted it and the light was off and has stayed off since. I first used a generic OBDII scanner and it didn't show any active or saved codes. I then used INPA to read any errors or codes and I got absolutely nothing other than the usual FZD A670 (fogging sensor) that's always present. I couldn't find anything related to any saved fault that would have triggered the SES light. What could this be?
Gremlins
Attached Images

Appreciate 0