F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Amazing washing results
Extreme Powerhouse

07-01-2019, 06:17 AM   #1
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Amazing washing results

I'm back and it's my first post in a while!

The car has been filthy for weeks maybe a few months and in need of some TLC. I basically fell out of love with the car after it got reversed into.

Anyway, yesterday I decided to clean it after three hours here is the result!

The Gyeon coating is still working it's magic and super glossy.

Sunset orange is a beautiful colour, I'm loving the car again.
Attached Images

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 7
BIFCAIDS857.00
RobUK2812.00
JustChris17500.50
      07-01-2019, 06:20 AM   #2
BIFCAIDS
Bird Flu and Cat Aids combined
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M-Sport+ MPPSK E92 M3

I'll have to bob round to have a proper look, I'm going to give mine a 2 stage polish in the coming weeks as I've never touched it and its long, long overdue.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 06:20 AM   #3
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIFCAIDS View Post
I'll have to bob round to have a proper look, I'm going to give mine a 2 stage polish in the coming weeks as I've never touched it and its long, long overdue.
Sure thing, just let me know

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 1
BIFCAIDS857.00
      07-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #4
northernsouly
Rep
Drives: 330d Shadow Edition

Garage List
The sunset orange looks really good. I reckon black wheels would complete an amazing look.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #5
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
I'm back and it's my first post in a while!

The car has been filthy for weeks maybe a few months and in need of some TLC. I basically fell out of love with the car after it got reversed into.

Anyway, yesterday I decided to clean it after three hours here is the result!

The Gyeon coating is still working it's magic and super glossy.

Sunset orange is a beautiful colour, I'm loving the car again.
Looks great! Did you apply the Gyeon coating yourself or get a firm of detailers to do it? I've heard some favourable comments about the product with one or two even suggesting it's if anything a touch better the Gtechniq equivalent (which is praise indeed!).
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #6
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Lovely colour that. Bummed that it wasn't available when I got mine.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #7
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

When did it get reversed into? All sorted now? It's looking good, my car is 2 1/2 years old now, the hydrophobic coat has worn off now and the ceramic coat has some noticeable wash marring which is disappointing. The thing I have noticed though is that there is next to no bonded contamination like tar, which is a first for me on a car.

I'm doing a full polish, hopefully just single stage, then recoat on everything.

Your car looks great
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #8
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShambolt View Post
When did it get reversed into? All sorted now? It's looking good, my car is 2 1/2 years old now, the hydrophobic coat has worn off now and the ceramic coat has some noticeable wash marring which is disappointing. The thing I have noticed though is that there is next to no bonded contamination like tar, which is a first for me on a car.

I'm doing a full polish, hopefully just single stage, then recoat on everything.

Your car looks great
Which ceramic coating is that - Gyeon like the Op's car?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #9
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:

Your car looks great
Which ceramic coating is that - Gyeon like the Op's car?
I used Gtechniq Crystal serum light with Gtechniq EXO v3 over the top, it's looks stunning and is easy to wash and have it look very glossy with just a wipe over with quick detailed, the only disappointment has been the wash marring levels, I really would have thought it would have been more hardy with that regard, as I always pre snow foam the car and two bucket method wash with sheet rinse dry. So the very least contact possible has been used.

I'm not sure if it's just that I'm using a prosumer grate product rather than the dealer only Ultimate stuff on the topic of wash marring, but to be honest I'm doing it again because I think for looks and cost with very little maintenance over the two years it's still better than carnuba wax.

RustyBitz how has the gleon held up with regard to picking up swirls? And the longevity of the hydrophobic coating?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #10
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsouly View Post
The sunset orange looks really good. I reckon black wheels would complete an amazing look.
Thanks, I was debating black wheels but haven’t been sold on them yet.

Quote:
Looks great! Did you apply the Gyeon coating yourself or get a firm of detailers to do it? I've heard some favourable comments about the product with one or two even suggesting it's if anything a touch better the Gtechniq equivalent (which is praise indeed!).
I had it done by a detailer straight after collection. I can only speak for Gyeon but all their stuff is super easy to use even their can coat ceramic coating. I got this for the Mrs car and it didn’t take long to apply. Gave her car the first wash yesterday since applying and it’s like a mirror.

Quote:

Your car looks great
A couple of months ago, mrs hit it a low speed a few light scratches (still not repaired). Mine is coming up to two years old in September. I have to say the same it looks fantastic in day light when washed but under bright lights in the garage the paint isn’t in best of nick. Especially after BM washed it when I told them not to. Tar is so easy to get now isn’t it! Will you be re-coating yourself?

Thanks on the thumbs up on the car
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #11
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsouly View Post
Thanks, I was debating black wheels but haven't been sold on them yet.

Quote:
I had it done by a detailer straight after collection. I can only speak for Gyeon but all their stuff is super easy to use even their can coat ceramic coating. I got this for the Mrs car and it didn't take long to apply. Gave her car the first wash yesterday since applying and it's like a mirror.

Quote:

Your car looks great
A couple of months ago, mrs hit it a low speed a few light scratches (still not repaired). Mine is coming up to two years old in September. I have to say the same it looks fantastic in day light when washed but under bright lights in the garage the paint isn't in best of nick. Especially after BM washed it when I told them not to. Tar is so easy to get now isn't it! Will you be re-coating yourself?

Thanks on the thumbs up on the car
You got yours not long after me, at the min I've just got a couple of bonnet chips to sort and have the wheels refurbed or get the 763m reps like BIFCAIDS but I'm still hoping he will post some closer up pics and answer the questions I had about his before I decide. If you're reading this Bifcaids?!

Yes the resistance to tar and sap bonding is excellent, I don't even think I will need to clay bar to be honest, it all feels like glass still. I think the slick surface means a jet wash pushes it all off without the need for any chemicals.

I'm lucky my dealer has listened to me about not washing it.

Yes I do all my own detailing, I've been into detailing for a long time so it saves me a good few hundred quid although it might take me a little longer than a pro, in the summer I have a lot of time off so I can take my time.

If you have picked up some marks too it just sounds like it happens then. Do you pre foam and 2BM too?
Appreciate 1
BIFCAIDS857.00
      07-01-2019, 04:09 PM   #12
Ti Rich
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S D

That looks amazing. Another fan of the Gyeon products here. Redoing Cancoat this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:28 AM   #13
BIFCAIDS
Bird Flu and Cat Aids combined
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M-Sport+ MPPSK E92 M3

Quote:
You got yours not long after me, at the min I've just got a couple of bonnet chips to sort and have the wheels refurbed or get the 763m reps like BIFCAIDS but I'm still hoping he will post some closer up pics and answer the questions I had about his before I decide. If you're reading this Bifcaids?!
Whoops!!! I'll get them when I finish work bud, I'm so sorry.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2019, 01:33 AM   #14
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIFCAIDS View Post
Quote:
Whoops!!! I'll get them when I finish work bud, I'm so sorry.
Ha no probs, I'm only joking, but it would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 1
BIFCAIDS857.00