E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 30ff boost leak?

05-30-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xi

30ff boost leak?

is there a way i code this out for the computer to ignore it. im running mhd stage 1+ if i go back to stock i push normal boost. running the tune tho mhd says target is 22psi and im hitting 18-20 easy never the 22. and after i do this a few times in wot it will throw the code. limp mode comes on and i dont get over factory boost. i clear the code out car is just fine again no issues until i do 3-5 wot pulls still pushing the same boost and it throws the code. ive checked all vacuum lines. waste gates are in normal position. i really cant find any thing that can cause a boost or vacuum leak. and a 2-3 psi loss isnt something im anal about. car is a daily driver and a have fun every now and again.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
I can’t really comment on coding out a 30ff, but I suspect a lot of people would be interested if that was possible.

On another note...I don’t think mhd stage 1+ goes over about 15 psi or so...so you may have something else going on. Plus if you can’t hit boost target and you think you’ve checked everything else then it’s then it could be solenoids or the turbos night just be cratered...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
Juhnino14
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog573 View Post
is there a way i code this out for the computer to ignore it. im running mhd stage 1+ if i go back to stock i push normal boost. running the tune tho mhd says target is 22psi and im hitting 18-20 easy never the 22. and after i do this a few times in wot it will throw the code. limp mode comes on and i dont get over factory boost. i clear the code out car is just fine again no issues until i do 3-5 wot pulls still pushing the same boost and it throws the code. ive checked all vacuum lines. waste gates are in normal position. i really cant find any thing that can cause a boost or vacuum leak. and a 2-3 psi loss isnt something im anal about. car is a daily driver and a have fun every now and again.
Quote:

I have a 335i coupe and from my personal experience which I have to do when I have time and money. Usually I have bought a lot of stuff from burger Motorsports and some dude told me he fixed his 30ff code. Checking : boost solenoids, canisters, vacuum hoses, your inlets and outlets. Especially if you running any mods. & make sure maintenance up to date! Before you fuck up stuff you could have prevented don't let the snowball effect take place.
      05-31-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhnino14 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I have a 335i coupe and from my personal experience which I have to do when I have time and money. Usually I have bought a lot of stuff from burger Motorsports and some dude told me he fixed his 30ff code. Checking : boost solenoids, canisters, vacuum hoses, your inlets and outlets. Especially if you running any mods. & make sure maintenance up to date! Before you fuck up stuff you could have prevented don't let the snowball effect take place.
I maintenance the crap out of my car. I'm a technician for a living and normally on lunch I always pull my car in and check it over. I've thought about boost solenoids but just haven't gotten around to replacing. I'm the second owner on the car and the original owner has had all records showing prior maintenance recalls and everything that's been done. Driving wise. Turbos seem to be healthy. They spool almost instantly and hold boost and I've read some where before that mhd should be like 18 psi 12 at redline. I'm not sure why mine shows 22 target boost. It's not custom tune. It's the regular stage 1 +
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 10:09 AM   #5
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Engineer View Post
I can’t really comment on coding out a 30ff, but I suspect a lot of people would be interested if that was possible.

On another note...I don’t think mhd stage 1+ goes over about 15 psi or so...so you may have something else going on. Plus if you can’t hit boost target and you think you’ve checked everything else then it’s then it could be solenoids or the turbos night just be cratered...
MHD Stage 1+ will target up to 18psi
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 01:46 PM   #6
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
OP is saying 22...so...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
rawdog573