BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Ding! It's done! New 530e - Delivery Photos Added

03-13-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530e xDrive

Ding! It's done! New 530e - Delivery Photos Added

My car has finally finished production! Performance Center Delivery scheduled for May 20th.

2019 530e xDrive
  • 19" Style 635 Wheels
  • Mediterranean Blue Metallic
  • Ivory White Nappa Leather
  • Luxury Line
  • Convenience + Premium + Executive Packages
  • Driving Assistance Plus Package
  • Parking Assistance Package
  • Luxury Seating Package
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Heat Front and Rear Seats
  • Harman Kardon Surround Sound
  • Dynamic Damper Control
  • Ceramic Controls
  • Night Vision

It's going to be a long wait, but I'm sure it will be totally worth it. Very excited to drive it back home on the Blue Ridge Parkway and though Great Smokey Mountain National Park. I will of course post numerous pics

Edit: Added photos from delivery and my drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a blast! The best surprise, I got an M550i for my my car to drive at the Performance Center. That car is a monster!
Attached Images

Last edited by ted8715; 06-01-2019 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Added Dynamic Damper Control, Photos Added
Appreciate 4
      03-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I predict you will love it. Very similarly equipped to mine. I have the MSport package with the dynamic handling package, leather dash and the mocha nappa leather but without the ceramic controls. Very similarly equipped other than Xdrive (living in Phoenix area RWD is preferable to me).

One little known fact (unless, of course, one reads the manual) is that the nightvision is always working whether or not one turns on the display screen.

I had mine coded so, inter alia, I can get the alpina dash. The key difference is that I lose the analog clock and the digital clock is very dim. I also lose the battery usage displays other than the miles remaining. But I gain a tach all the time (other than eco pro mode which I never use) whether I am in sport mode, comfort mode or adaptive drive (the last one being my default). Personally I think the trade off is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 09:21 PM   #3
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I predict you will love it. Very similarly equipped to mine. I have the MSport package with the dynamic handling package, leather dash and the mocha nappa leather but without the ceramic controls. Very similarly equipped other than Xdrive (living in Phoenix area RWD is preferable to me).

One little known fact (unless, of course, one reads the manual) is that the nightvision is always working whether or not one turns on the display screen.

I had mine coded so, inter alia, I can get the alpina dash. The key difference is that I lose the analog clock and the digital clock is very dim. I also lose the battery usage displays other than the miles remaining. But I gain a tach all the time (other than eco pro mode which I never use) whether I am in sport mode, comfort mode or adaptive drive (the last one being my default). Personally I think the trade off is worth it.

I have no doubt I'll love it! I was on the fence about Night Vision and found the documentation explaining how it works in the background, I figured it was good insurance that way. I just realized I forgot to list Dynamic Damper Control, which I also selected. I skipped the Dynamic Handling Packing as I didn't need M Sport Brakes and didn't want the extra dust.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted8715 View Post
I have no doubt I'll love it! I was on the fence about Night Vision and found the documentation explaining how it works in the background, I figured it was good insurance that way. I just realized I forgot to list Dynamic Damper Control, which I also selected. I skipped the Dynamic Handling Packing as I didn't need M Sport Brakes and didn't want the extra dust.
I assume that with the dynamic damper control you also get the dynamic drive (I did with the dynamic handling package which on the 530e only adds the msport brakes which shouldn't impact on the dynamic drive feature). When you get the car, please confirm that.

Doing mostly local driving I am currently just barely under a half tank of gas with more than 525 miles since I last filled the tank. And that is driving with a lead foot.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #5
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I assume that with the dynamic damper control you also get the dynamic drive (I did with the dynamic handling package which on the 530e only adds the msport brakes which shouldn't impact on the dynamic drive feature). When you get the car, please confirm that.

Doing mostly local driving I am currently just barely under a half tank of gas with more than 525 miles since I last filled the tank. And that is driving with a lead foot.
According to the online owner’s manual for my VIN the Adaptive Drive button is included. I will confirm though, with photo evidence

I have a 330e now, looking forward to continued great gas mileage and using the battery to warm the car on cold days!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #6
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
According to the online owner’s manual for my VIN the Adaptive Drive button is included. I will confirm though, with photo evidence

I have a 330e now, looking forward to continued great gas mileage and using the battery to warm the car on cold days!
We are similar. I had a 2016 330e but it had constant problems with the batteries and I ended up selling it back to BMW and replacing it with the 530e which so far has been faultless.

The 5 series is bigger, which I don't like, but it is also way nicer. I really didn't like the Dakota leather and love the nappa. Overall, a good tradeoff in my opinion.

I currently have 3/8 of a tank of gas left after 725 miles. Albeit that is almost all local driving but it is also with a heavy foot. I have the opposite issue from you...I want to be able to cool the car on hot days! But that works great. In the summer when the temp may be 110F, I will leave the 17th green on a golf course, take out my phone, turn on the AC, and by the time I get to the car, it is nice and cool.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      03-26-2019, 06:19 AM   #7
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Congratulations! Looks like a great build. I think you made a good choice on the Night Vision--I ordered it on my car too. But an Audi dealer tried to talk me out of it on an A6--I suppose so that I would just take a car off the lot
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:32 AM   #8
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Shipping Update

Latest Update:

Car is now in transit on the Olympian Highway (K-Line).
Appreciate 3
clee1982796.00
bastula181.50
      03-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #9
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Latest Update:

Car is now in transit on the Olympian Highway (K-Line).
Wow congrats! (and secretly jealous ) My med blue car finished production before yours and is still at the port in Germany. Enjoy the PCD!!!
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #10
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastula View Post
Wow congrats! (and secretly jealous ) My med blue car finished production before yours and is still at the port in Germany. Enjoy the PCD!!!
Thanks! May 20th is a long ways out though... or at least it seems that way!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #11
darco1111
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e (G30)

Congrats
I received mine very quickly, ordered 16/01, built 07/02, arrived at dealer 21/02, received 28/02.
The difference for us in Europe is that there is only one 530e. The one with 184HP Engine, no possibility to have the 252HP nor the xDrive one.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #12
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Congratulations....that's a great build!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #13
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The ship (Olympian Highway) departed Baltimore last night. My car should now be on US soil!

Appreciate 1
bastula181.50
      04-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #14
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I predict you will love the car.

If you haven't already planned it, I urge you to install a 240V charger outlet in your garage. I have been doing mostly local driving (4-5 miles trips) with time in between for recharging. I have also done some longer local trips 20 - 40 miles each way where I cannot charge. Despite that, I have been getting between 800-1,000 miles per fuel tank,,,and that is on a 12.4 gallon tank.

I have found that the car has ample power to get away from a stop light or stop sign, on one hand, and on the other hand, lots of power to pass at highway speeds. While I would never complain about too much power, and I will probably keep my 530e for seven years, I would be sorely tempted to tradein if they offered a 540e or 545e.

So...enjoy.

Last edited by SteveinArizona; 04-11-2019 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: correct typo
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #15
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I predict you will love the car.

If you haven't already planned it, I urge you to install a 240V charger outlet in your garage. I have been doing mostly local driving (4-5 miles trips) with time in between for recharging. I have also done some longer local trips 20 - 40 miles each way where I cannot charge. Despite that, I have been getting between 800-1,000 miles per fuel tank,,,and that is on a 12.4 gallon tank.

I have found that the car has ample power to get away from a stop light or stop sign, on one hand, and on the other hand, lots of power to pass at highway speeds. While I would never complain about too much power, and I will probably keep my 530e for seven years, I would be sorely tempted to tradein if they offered a 540e or 545e.

So...enjoy.
I am very excited! Five more weeks before PCD day! I've gotten by so far find on the 120V cable that came with my 530e. Not sure if I'll step up to 240V or not. It would be easy to as my panel is in the garage.

While I've leased this car, I suspect I may want to keep it at then end. Now I'm debating on paint protection options. If I'm going to turn the car back in I don't really care, but if I keep it then I'm going to wished I'd done something. My options include, having it detailed and wax at lease twice per year or a combo of ceramic coating and/or paint protection film (front bumper and fenders, hood, mirrors, charging door, edge of roof where it meets the windshield).
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #16
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Added photos from delivery and my drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a blast! The best surprise, I got an M550i for my my car to drive at the Performance Center. That car is a monster!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 04:24 PM   #17
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Great pics and great car! Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 04:42 PM   #18
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
My car has finally finished production! Performance Center Delivery scheduled for May 20th.

2019 530e xDrive
  • 19" Style 635 Wheels
  • Mediterranean Blue Metallic
  • Ivory White Nappa Leather
  • Luxury Line
  • Convenience + Premium + Executive Packages
  • Driving Assistance Plus Package
  • Parking Assistance Package
  • Luxury Seating Package
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Heat Front and Rear Seats
  • Harman Kardon Surround Sound
  • Dynamic Damper Control
  • Ceramic Controls
  • Night Vision

It's going to be a long wait, but I'm sure it will be totally worth it. Very excited to drive it back home on the Blue Ridge Parkway and though Great Smokey Mountain National Park. I will of course post numerous pics

Edit: Added photos from delivery and my drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a blast! The best surprise, I got an M550i for my my car to drive at the Performance Center. That car is a monster!
Beautiful car man!

Love the color and the interior. And nothing beats delivery at the performance center and then a drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Did you do the Tail of the Dragon by any chance?

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0