BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
2016M4DVR
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

anybody scheduled for PCD 3/27/19?

Anybody scheduled for performance center delivery on March 27th?

If so, see you there if things go according to schedule.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Do it. I've done it 3 times. It's a blast and they treat you very well. Visit the Museum while you are there and take a factory tour if you have time.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #3
2016M4DVR
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
Do it. I've done it 3 times. It's a blast and they treat you very well. Visit the Museum while you are there and take a factory tour if you have time.

Going to do the full dog and pony show.
Not too far for us, wife is looking forward to it (her car).
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
BK_BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 BMW G05 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016M4DVR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post

Going to do the full dog and pony show.
Not too far for us, wife is looking forward to it (her car).
I'm scheduled to pick mine up that day as well! Did it 3 years ago for my 340 and it was an amazing experience. March is going to be a long month!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_BMW View Post
I'm scheduled to pick mine up that day as well! Did it 3 years ago for my 340 and it was an amazing experience. March is going to be a long month!
I am doing PCD for the first time ever and unsure on how the timelines work. Mine was ordered Feb 18th and still in order received status, waiting for production slot and dealer says my build week is likely April 1st week as I have a 3rd row. Curious how long from when car is built to when you got your PCD date assigned? Also when do you actually go to local dealer to take care of payment and paper work? When car is finished building or when PCD date assigned?

I searched the forums and most were for euro delivery and I was not sure how Spartanburg works; if I missed a previous post that answered these questions, please be gentle and point me to it!!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
2016M4DVR
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hope to see you there.
My wife and I will be picking up her arctic grey X5.
You'll be there for an X5 as well?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #7
2016M4DVR
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smovva View Post
I am doing PCD for the first time ever and unsure on how the timelines work. Mine was ordered Feb 18th and still in order received status, waiting for production slot and dealer says my build week is likely April 1st week as I have a 3rd row. Curious how long from when car is built to when you got your PCD date assigned? Also when do you actually go to local dealer to take care of payment and paper work? When car is finished building or when PCD date assigned?

I searched the forums and most were for euro delivery and I was not sure how Spartanburg works; if I missed a previous post that answered these questions, please be gentle and point me to it!!

Thanks!
I can't answer those questions. My first trip there.
Here's about all I know-

All paperwork is completed at dealership prior to arrival. The vehicle is built and ready up to 2 weeks before.
Our build still shows "factory has scheduled production" no other info.
This was the first available PCD day available, post build.
I placed the order on Jan 30. It took 2 weeks (for me) to get a production #. The build tracker shows no progress as of yet.
Not sure what the hold up was in our case. It wasn't a big deal so I didn't dig for details. Possible dealer had # in advance of passing it along to me.

Edit- Just checked and our car now has a VIN # and is showing production starts today.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
BK_BMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hope to see you there.
My wife and I will be picking up her arctic grey X5.
You'll be there for an X5 as well?
Yep, my brother is coming along with me to pick up my Carbon Black on Tartufo 40i. Decided to fly in so we'd only have the one car to drive back to Raleigh, NC.

Smovva...last time I did it, I turned in my prior lease like 3 days prior to my PCD date. At the same time, I had my appointment with the finance guy to do all of the paperwork for the new one before leaving town. I think the PC wants copies of the paperwork at least two days ahead of time. And my timeline just about lines up with 2016M4DVR's.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 06:14 PM   #9
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can't answer those questions. My first trip there.
Here's about all I know-

All paperwork is completed at dealership prior to arrival. The vehicle is built and ready up to 2 weeks before.
Our build still shows "factory has scheduled production" no other info.
This was the first available PCD day available, post build.
I placed the order on Jan 30. It took 2 weeks (for me) to get a production #. The build tracker shows no progress as of yet.
Not sure what the hold up was in our case. It wasn't a big deal so I didn't dig for details. Possible dealer had # in advance of passing it along to me.

Edit- Just checked and our car now has a VIN # and is showing production starts today.
Good to know! Another question: at what step of your car's production process were you made aware of your PCD date? I am doing a one way flt in so trying to optimize on prices and seeing when a likely PCD date will be based on build in April 1st week. Thanks much!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #10
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep, my brother is coming along with me to pick up my Carbon Black on Tartufo 40i. Decided to fly in so we'd only have the one car to drive back to Raleigh, NC.

Smovva...last time I did it, I turned in my prior lease like 3 days prior to my PCD date. At the same time, I had my appointment with the finance guy to do all of the paperwork for the new one before leaving town. I think the PC wants copies of the paperwork at least two days ahead of time. And my timeline just about lines up with 2016M4DVR's.
This is good to know: so in essence your PCD date was set and agreed upon and at that time you can I assume at your own convenience well before the PCD date take care of paperwork?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #11
BK_BMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smovva View Post
Quote:

This is good to know: so in essence your PCD date was set and agreed upon and at that time you can I assume at your own convenience well before the PCD date take care of paperwork?
I had my PCD date about a week after I got my production number. Once your date is confirmed with the PC, you'll get an email from them with some additional instructions, background info, and a form to fill out. They tell you in there to not make travel arrangements until at least three weeks from your date just in case they are forced to move you around (weather event, production delays, that sort of thing). I think your assumption about the timing of paperwork is reasonable, but I don't think I'd sign anything until I knew the car had completed the build process even though you'll have a VIN well in advance of that. Your dealer may have a preference there but I'm sure you could go much earlier than the 2-3 days in advance, my timeline just happened to be convenient since my dealer is across town and I only wanted to make the one trip over.

One other thing to keep in mind is that PCD is first come first served. If you have dates in mind in April, I'd go ahead now and get your CA to put you in for one. I wanted 3/15, but got bumped to the end of the month due to demand and my car is supposed to be finished this coming week. I decided the experience was worth the wait and BMWFS will extend a lease if they know you have an order in. They originally gave me 3/26 as the earliest, but I chose the 27th since flights are cheaper and more numerous on a Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 08:09 PM   #12
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had my PCD date about a week after I got my production number. Once your date is confirmed with the PC, you'll get an email from them with some additional instructions, background info, and a form to fill out. They tell you in there to not make travel arrangements until at least three weeks from your date just in case they are forced to move you around (weather event, production delays, that sort of thing). I think your assumption about the timing of paperwork is reasonable, but I don't think I'd sign anything until I knew the car had completed the build process even though you'll have a VIN well in advance of that. Your dealer may have a preference there but I'm sure you could go much earlier than the 2-3 days in advance, my timeline just happened to be convenient since my dealer is across town and I only wanted to make the one trip over.

One other thing to keep in mind is that PCD is first come first served. If you have dates in mind in April, I'd go ahead now and get your CA to put you in for one. I wanted 3/15, but got bumped to the end of the month due to demand and my car is supposed to be finished this coming week. I decided the experience was worth the wait and BMWFS will extend a lease if they know you have an order in. They originally gave me 3/26 as the earliest, but I chose the 27th since flights are cheaper and more numerous on a Tuesday.
Perfect, you answered my question! Will wait a couple more days and then pester the CA to get me a PCD date locked down!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 11:58 AM   #13
hpfisterer
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Mine is scheduled for 3/21/19
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 05:50 PM   #14
2016M4DVR
Private
Rep

Track My BMW shows our X5 breezed through a few tracking stages to "quality check" today.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 05:39 AM   #15
hpfisterer
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Track My BMW shows our X5 breezed through a few tracking stages to "quality check" today.
What options did you order?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 08:17 AM   #16
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

Quote:
Mine was stuck in QC for a full day! Finally today shows dispatched
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #17
2016M4DVR
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfisterer View Post
What options did you order?
6cyl
luxury seats
executive pkg
premium pkg 2
convenience pkg
parking assist
20" wheel 738 w/ as rft
Acoustic glass
Active Cruise Control
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Htd Fr Seats Armrests / S Whl
Luggage-compartment package
Multi-contour seats
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #18
2016M4DVR
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think I met y'all but failed to make the forum connection.
Really enjoyed the experience. I was amazed what the X5 could do on the track and off road.
Have booked M driving school for May 28th.
My plans for an M5 have changed. '20 M3 comp is in my future. Munich delivery!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 01:40 PM   #19
BK_BMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think I met y'all but failed to make the forum connection.
Really enjoyed the experience. I was amazed what the X5 could do on the track and off road.
Have booked M driving school for May 28th.
My plans for an M5 have changed. '20 M3 comp is in my future. Munich delivery!
No worries, I guess I did too. Was definitely on a BMW high that day... Was exciting to see that X4M and X3M Competition rolling off the line as we finished up our tour too and would have been really nice to hop over that green line and get a good look inside! Kudos on M driving school. Sounds like it will be another awesome experience at the Performance Center. I really wanted to do Euro delivery with my last one, but it would have meant driving a new car over there in winter...wasn't willing to risk it, haha. Seeing what they've done with the new M340i, I think holding out for the new M3 comp over M5 is a wise choice. It is going to be an amazing car, for sure.

Hope you and the wife are enjoying the new X5 as much as I am. I've already crossed the 500 mile mark in under a week!
Appreciate 0