BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
SmokeyJoe
Breakin the Law
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 2008 Jarez DCT

Insurance

I have USAA and they are killing me at $3600 a year.

Does anyone know a company with lower rates?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #2
avilab
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M Roadster

If you're military, that's about as good as you're going to get out here in Germany. I'm in Stuttgart and have shopped around but haven't found anything cheaper yet...Then we've got to pay ADAC roadside assistance on top of that!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
rcornelius
Faster
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe Melbourne Red/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
I have USAA and they are killing me at $3600 a year.

Does anyone know a company with lower rates?
Damn, how old are you?? I'm in Grafenwohr area, 49 and thats about what I pay for a 08 M3, 07 328, 03 Vette and a 01 Harley E-Glide. Damn!!! If you are over 30 you should be able to get a better rate with USAA. What are your deductables??? I bet you have a $500.00 deductable. If so go on line and change it to $1000.00 and see what the difference is. If we have any type of accident its going to be damn near a grand to fix with the sh_ _ _y Euro exchange rate. If this don't work, call USAA 0800-851-6850 (toll free) and tell them you want a letter on your driving record. If you have 10 years with no accidents you can get German Insurance from Alliance for about half of this. I'm switching my Vette and Harley to Alliance next month. I'll only keep my renters insurance and the two bimmers with USAA. (since I'm retired if I leave USAA totally I can not go back) and they are the best back in the USA.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

SmokeyJoe, that seems high for USAA. We've been quoted a little more than half of that for a '09 M3 in France (with a $500 deductible). France has higher rates than Germany bec of the theft problem, plus we're in Paris which adds the "big city" surcharge". Now here we also need to add the 3rd party liability, bec USAA can't issue that part of the policy. I ditto the advice on calling and getting someone to review the policy -- maybe they think you are insuring a Euro-spec M3 and pricing the coverage to those prices?
Appreciate 0