E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 1,700 miles, BMW replaced my gas tank

07-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
nasdakboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i coupe

1,700 miles, BMW replaced my gas tank

So I posted a thread awhile ago about my car not accepting a full tank of gas. I was advised by a few on here that it is a "common" BMW problem, but since I couldn't believe that since I've never had this issue with BMW in the past, I called my dealer. I brought it in Tuesday morning, my service advisor finally called me and said it was a safely valve or something like that in the tank that was cutting off the pump from completely filling my car. My car would only take 1/2 a tank to 3/4 of a tank before constantly stopping from more gas being pumped in. They replaced my gas tank and I finally have a full tank of gas. Took them 2 days, they gave me an 08' X3 loaner which I have to say is a very nice truck. Drove very comfortably, had decent acceleration and overall felt like a very nice vehicle. I just can't get over the looks of the front end. Anyways, so problem solved. Just posting it on here in case anyone else has the same issues and thinks it may just be the gas gauge or something else minor

BTW, my A/C is blowing out a strong gas odor and I'm hoping it will go away soon. I'm guessing the techs got some gas spilt somewhere and will eventually burn/wash away.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 11:45 PM   #2
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 91' 850i

Garage List
1991 850i  [7.75]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
Same issue...I haven't taken the car over to install the new gas tank yet despite the fact it arrived about 2 wks ago. I haven't taken it in for the replacement yet, I don't have a good feeling about doing the replacement because I'm afraid of something happening because it is a critical part of the fuel system of course. It's kind of a crap issue, and you're not alone.

I don't plan on keeping the 328i for long...unfortunately
@ ~7,700 Mi
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
nasdakboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaE92 View Post
Same issue...I haven't taken the car over to install the new gas tank yet despite the fact it arrived about 2 wks ago. I haven't taken it in for the replacement yet, I don't have a good feeling about doing the replacement because I'm afraid of something happening because it is a critical part of the fuel system of course. It's kind of a crap issue, and you're not alone.

I don't plan on keeping the 328i for long...unfortunately
@ ~7,700 Mi

I'll report if there are any further problems or issues. So far so good
Appreciate 0