E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Code new CCC unit

01-06-2019, 05:59 AM   #1
markob
Private
Rep
Drives: e90

Code new CCC unit

I need to code new ccc on my e60 which is from another car e90 and the cars didnt have similar functions on cars so few functions dont work now in e60 such as seat heating and air distribution control. On youtube i saw that i need to change in trc file under klima_sg_art_ccc, basic to high and i think i can do this.

So i saw guides on youtube for ncs expert how to do it but i need to change also vin of the unit and i saw that some guides are that vin need to be changed first, others change vin at last and i am wondering what happen if i dont change vin how this influence in work of ccc? I will change win in BMW dash it seems easy program,less complicated than winkfp

And also when i saw turtorials for ncs expert under profiles nobody had the same profiles and everyone uses their own. I also saw turtorial when guy said that there is no matter wich profile you use? So what this profiles does?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by markob View Post
I need to code new ccc on my e60 which is from another car e90 and the cars didnt have similar functions on cars so few functions dont work now in e60 such as seat heating and air distribution control. On youtube i saw that i need to change in trc file under klima_sg_art_ccc, basic to high and i think i can do this.

So i saw guides on youtube for ncs expert how to do it but i need to change also vin of the unit and i saw that some guides are that vin need to be changed first, others change vin at last and i am wondering what happen if i dont change vin how this influence in work of ccc? I will change win in BMW dash it seems easy program,less complicated than winkfp

And also when i saw turtorials for ncs expert under profiles nobody had the same profiles and everyone uses their own. I also saw turtorial when guy said that there is no matter wich profile you use? So what this profiles does?
You can change the VIN with tool32.

Then the CCC must be coded to your car. The correct way is to default code all parts of the CCC with an expert mode profile and SG_CODIEREN.

The parts shown in NCS are:

CHOST
CAPPL
CGATE
CAUDI
CTUNE

Once done the CCC should be coded to your specific vehicle order.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 01:53 AM   #3
markob
Private
Rep

When i saw turtorial on YouTube for exact problem as mine, its been only change in CAPPL from basic to high and thats it.

Must i change also something in CHOST, CGATE, CAUDI, CTUNE; and what is it?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 01:57 AM   #4
markob
Private
Rep

Also i have S644A Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth does this means that i can activate bluetooth to connect my mobile phone or this is only preparation and i need to by bluetooth module in wire harnes for it?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 03:24 AM   #5
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
When i saw turtorial on YouTube for exact problem as mine, its been only change in CAPPL from basic to high and thats it.

Must i change also something in CHOST, CGATE, CAUDI, CTUNE; and what is it?
When retrofit any used module you must code it to your VO otherwise it's coded for the donor car still...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 04:42 AM   #6
markob
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
When retrofit any used module you must code it to your VO otherwise it's coded for the donor car still...
But this CCC unit is the same from e89 to e60 and in e60 Works everything unless air distribution control and seat hetaing control.

Dont you code unit to new VO incase that car didnt have before the same unit, like if e60 had cic and nov Will have ccc unit? Or like in e46 models wher users upgrade theirs frm1 to frm2 modules and than you need to change VO?

This CCC unit is the same model but in e89 probably didnt have auto A/C but basic one A/C wich you control by hand and in e60 is Auto a/c where ther is no keys on hvac for air distribution couse you change air distribution by CCC control
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 08:18 AM   #7
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But this CCC unit is the same from e89 to e60 and in e60 Works everything unless air distribution control and seat hetaing control.

Dont you code unit to new VO incase that car didnt have before the same unit, like if e60 had cic and nov Will have ccc unit? Or like in e46 models wher users upgrade theirs frm1 to frm2 modules and than you need to change VO?

This CCC unit is the same model but in e89 probably didnt have auto A/C but basic one A/C wich you control by hand and in e60 is Auto a/c where ther is no keys on hvac for air distribution couse you change air distribution by CCC control
Exactly. Your VO tells the CCC what options to set...

At the moment it's set for E9X specific options. Code it to a different vehicle and it will be coded for that vehicles VO...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
markob
Private
Rep

yes its coded to e9x specific but what has VO to do with it? e60 has the same VO for ccc unit couse unit is the same and e60 came from factory with same ccc unit. Only the two cars has different optionst what ccc unit controls.

Isnt it that VO is needed when you want to put CCC unit to the car wich didtn have CCC from factory, then you add ccc to VO?

But in my case as i saw on YouTube i only need to change ccc vin that match e60 and program modul from "basic" wich e9x have buttons for air distribution to "activ" wich is that air distribution is controled by ccc unit couse e60 has automatic a/c

This guy is doing what i am talking about ,from 3 min forward and he just code cappl(which is CCC unit as i understaind (15:30 min on video) under >klima_sg_art_ccc< from "basic" to "high" and he can control air distribution trough ccc, he dont talk about programing VO

Last edited by markob; 01-07-2019 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #9
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

No. That's not how it works.

Your VO is specific to your vehicle. It is a list of all options on the vehicle. For example heated seats...

Once you code the CCC to your VO the CCC automatically knows all the options in your car and codes it correctly for those options.

Once you have done this, then you can tweak settings for a specific users.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 07:01 AM   #10
markob
Private
Rep

Quote:

Your VO is specific to your vehicle. It is a list of all options on the vehicle. For example heated seats...

Once you code the CCC to your VO the CCC automatically knows all the options in your car and codes it correctly for those options.

Ok so when i will code CCC to e60 VOs, than my new CCC will first of all show all options that my car have there will be no false options even if they are now selected in CCC from e8x? Thats even beter and corect way as you mentioned. I see that is to much turtorials on net and every one is doing his way.

The problem is that i dont know how to program VO.
All ive read about VO is that when you replacing the unit on your car that there is some hash codes ok for unit i understaind but i saw also that there is hash code for year when car or unit was build and need to change that also.
So when i can get hash codes for unit and year of car.
I saw VO coding on youtube but where and vhen to get right codes that i dont know.
What is proper VO coding?

As i mentioned i dont know nothing about VO so how do i code VO for nev CCC unit to my car?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #11
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ok so when i will code CCC to e60 VOs, than my new CCC will first of all show all options that my car have there will be no false options even if they are now selected in CCC from e8x? Thats even beter and corect way as you mentioned. I see that is to much turtorials on net and every one is doing his way.

The problem is that i dont know how to program VO.
All ive read about VO is that when you replacing the unit on your car that there is some hash codes ok for unit i understaind but i saw also that there is hash code for year when car or unit was build and need to change that also.
So when i can get hash codes for unit and year of car.
I saw VO coding on youtube but where and vhen to get right codes that i dont know.
What is proper VO coding?

As i mentioned i dont know nothing about VO so how do i code VO for nev CCC unit to my car?
You are correct.

It's not really VO coding, I just called it that. It's really 'default coding'.

You just open NCS Expert and load an Expert Mode profile (no manipulation).

You choose the CCC modules I listed in the previous post and run job 'SG_CODERIEN' on all the CCC module one after the other. They will all be 'reset' to default coding according to the VO of the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 04:16 AM   #12
markob
Private
Rep

So i dont add hash nubers for CCC modules that you mentioned before in VO section, but i search for the modules CHOST CAPPL CGATE CAUDI CTUNE and put trough sg_codiren and that will automatic write corect function to CCC modules?

Where from does ncs expert get this correct defult parameters of my car for each module? Is here where correct VIN number in module get its function or what?

Last edited by markob; 01-09-2019 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #13
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Read this

This direcects NCSexpert to load from the data stored in the cars VO
in the CAS or FRM rather than the man files you use in coding.
NCSexpert should see the modules mentioned above.
You would do this for each module .
Turns off PSW/MAN as the source of data defaults to VO settings

If it does not have the files mentioned what files does it have that
relate to CIC,CCC?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Reset ECU - Expertmode.pdf (157.5 KB, 2024 views)

Last edited by ctuna; 01-09-2019 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 01:25 AM   #14
markob
Private
Rep

Ok i understaind now the profiles, i will do new profile just for returning factory sethings to my modules if i will need to, such as now for CCC modules.

So what is the right proces for bringing factory defults to mentioned modules? Start profile, f1, f3, chose model e60,cas,(se vin and fa order) f6 (see all modules names) than what? f4 ,choose ecu ?

I installed bmw standard tools and inpa works fine, ncs expert i only read vin and all modules and i stored one trc file with all the data just for info.

But i didnt procede couse ncs expert had no profiles only 2 profiles from start and even when i did new profile from turtorial on the internet i dont get same NAMES on f1 and f3. I get START name on f1 when all others gets vin/zcs/fa name, whats wrong?

Also bmwkpf when i started it i get 4 errors and i cannot procede so for vin changing i will need some other dummy tool

ncs problem

Last edited by markob; 01-10-2019 at 01:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 02:10 AM   #15
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

You do like this:

- Open NCS Expert
- Load an Expertmode profile
- Press F1 button
- Select F3 and choose your car chassis from the list
- Click OK and choose CAS from the list. (This is where NCS will read your VO from)
- Press F6 - back
- Press F4 - process ecu and Choose the ECU your would like to code with factory default options of your car
- Press OK
- Reset BMW ECU to factory setting
- Press F2 change job
- Choose "SG-CODIEREN"
- Press OK
- Press F3 "Execute Job" to start coding the ECU with factory setting according to your BMW vehicle order (VO)
- ECU resetting is done. Change ECU to next module.

Download BMW Standard Tools and follow from bimmergeeks website and install as per instructions. It has profiles included.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 07:47 AM   #16
markob
Private
Rep

Quote:
Download BMW Standard Tools and follow from bimmergeeks website and install as per instructions. It has profiles included.
I did that like it was written in turtorial but i dont get expert profile.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #17
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I did that like it was written in turtorial but i dont get expert profile.
You don't have to make a profile. They are already made and inside folder NCSEXPERT/PFL

I forget what they are called in bimmer geeks version. Maybe factory coding or expert coding. Something like that.

Open NCS Expert
Load Profile
Then load the factory coding / expert profile.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #18
markob
Private
Rep

@sensible Yes i load profile but only get Manipulation profila or Factory coding profile and whichever profile i use i got on f1 start and on f3 Choose ecu same as picture showing i dont get on f1 button vin/zcs/fa so something is wrong i presume

@Ctuna i dont need to uncheck anything couse i dont have expertmode profiles and others but only manipulation profile and factory coding profile and if i edit factory profile the mentioned checbox is uncheck by defoult so i dont need to do anything.
But i dont know if this ncs work couse on f1 button i have start name and no vin/zcs/fa name as i see on others turtorial

So is it that i dont see on f1 button vin/zcs/fa name couse i dont have expert mode profile or expert mode sethings? So this i must do in future for programing modules, but now in this case when i need to do only factory defoults this factory coding profile will do?

Yes i have all modules that sensible mentioned for CCC unit CHOST CAPPL CGATE CAUDI CTUNE

Last edited by markob; 01-10-2019 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #19
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Expert Mode profiles .
These go directly into the PFL Folder
I believe there is a version supplied with the bimmergeeks
downloads. You still should make a copy with a name like
No FSW/PSW after turning that option off.

You can make your own most people go through the process
of coding just by following the instructions not understaning
them . I did at first now I am kind of getting an idea of what
is actually happening thought it is a fuzzy one.

It won't let me upload them because they have a pfl extension

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1226217

Last edited by ctuna; 01-10-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #20
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
@sensible Yes i load profile but only get Manipulation profila or Factory coding profile and whichever profile i use i got on f1 start and on f3 Choose ecu same as picture showing i dont get on f1 button vin/zcs/fa so something is wrong i presume

@Ctuna i dont need to uncheck anything couse i dont have expertmode profiles and others but only manipulation profile and factory coding profile and if i edit factory profile the mentioned checbox is uncheck by defoult so i dont need to do anything.
But i dont know if this ncs work couse on f1 button i have start name and no vin/zcs/fa name as i see on others turtorial

So is it that i dont see on f1 button vin/zcs/fa name couse i dont have expert mode profile or expert mode sethings? So this i must do in future for programing modules, but now in this case when i need to do only factory defoults this factory coding profile will do?

Yes i have all modules that sensible mentioned for CCC unit CHOST CAPPL CGATE CAUDI CTUNE

[IMG]https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019...0ffae-full.jpg[/IMG]
Send full screenshot.

That photo shows you have correctly loaded the VO. Just click on 'process ecu' now and change ecu to the ones I told you then change job to SG_CODERIEN then click execute job.

Repeat for the other modules. It's very easy.

If you still have a problem download teamviewer and I'll do it remotely.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #21
markob
Private
Rep

@sensible This is what i am talking about i only have this two profiles and whichever profile i choose on the F1 button i dont see vin/zcs/fa like other turtorials, but only start so i asume there is sometjing wrong.

This is my picture

This picture below is from internet
Other user sees F1 button like that when thay choose expert profile

Last edited by markob; 01-10-2019 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #22
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

It's fine. Your guide is very old. The factory coding profile makes it easy for you. Just follow the F numbers that's in the guide I wrote you! It's the same but made easy for you. Youse the factory coding profile. That's it
Appreciate 0