E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Why aren't my changes in BMW Coding Tools sticking?

01-05-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
N54Society
Major Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335i M Sport

Why aren't my changes in BMW Coding Tools sticking?

Hey guys, really struggling here. Here's what I'm doing:

1) Open NCSExper.exe
2) Select a profile that has manipulation enabled: File>load profile> “Expertmode”
3) Select: F1>F3>select your chassis>select “CAS”
4) Press F6 for back
5) Press F4 to select a specific module “Process ecu” then you get a list of all modules available for your car
6) Select “CAS” then select “READ ECU” this is going to read all the values from the specific module and create an FSW_PSW.TRC file with the values
8) Leave NCSExper.exe open and navigate to the “work” folder (C:\NCSEXPER_64\WORK)

Open the .TRC file, modify what I need modified, save as FSW_PSW.MAN
In NCS hit F2, change to SG Codieren, ok, execute job.

Shows coding ended. When I start the car I still have the same SOS error. I've coded out both TCM values in Kombi:

TCM_ALIVE_MONITOR -> nicht_activ
TCM_ID_MONITOR -> nicht_activ

I've also tried this with BMW Coding Tool, saving a new Man file based on the TRC file I loaded. Those changes didn't get picked up either.

Anyone know what's up? What am I doing wrong? I know my cable is working because I've coded lots of things on multiple cars before. Using Inpa I've verified that I have a connection, both solid black dots.

Thanks

2010 E90 335i M-Sport AT: 5" Stepped FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP - MHD V7 E60 Tune running 100% E85 - VRSF DPs

Last edited by N54Society; 01-05-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 03:43 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

You are loading an 'expert mode' profile.

You need a coding profile. If you look in the profile ('edit profile') you'll see a 'manipulation' checkbox. This has to be checked for MAN files.

Also the jobs you need to use are simply:

codierdaten_lesen then process ECU = read FSW_PSW

sg_codieren then process ECU = write FSW_PSW man.

The expert mode profile is used for setting s module back to its original coding. Every time you run SG_CODEIREN with an expert mode profile you set the module back to default.

Also, if you wanting to change coding in the KOMBI. Why are you trying to read from the CAS?
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
N54Society
Major Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
You are loading an 'expert mode' profile.

You need a coding profile. If you look in the profile ('edit profile') you'll see a 'manipulation' checkbox. This has to be checked for MAN files.

Also the jobs you need to use are simply:

codierdaten_lesen then process ECU = read FSW_PSW

sg_codieren then process ECU = write FSW_PSW man.

The expert mode profile is used for setting s module back to its original coding. Every time you run SG_CODEIREN with an expert mode profile you set the module back to default.

Also, if you wanting to change coding in the KOMBI. Why are you trying to read from the CAS?

I didn't see any checkboxes for "manipulation" when I tried editing the expert profile. I ended up using the CNCoding profile which allowed me to code those values!! Thank you so much for this. Updating my notes.

I meant Kombi in my original post.

Thank you!

2010 E90 335i M-Sport AT: 5" Stepped FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP - MHD V7 E60 Tune running 100% E85 - VRSF DPs
Appreciate 0