E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Inpa injector coding issue - help pleae

12-29-2018, 04:55 AM   #1
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d

Inpa injector coding issue - help pleae

Hi all,

Trying to code an injector in MSD80, got a connection in inpa 5.0.6, select shift f9 to get into e90, engine, msd80 for n43 etc, f9 for systemdiagnosen but there is no injector program? and all the f1,f2 etc etc have no menus?

Any ideas what’s wrong? Online suggested there should be a shift f4 option for injector programming?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

https://bimmerprofs.com/diagnostics-inpa-part-1/
see part 4 near the end

F9/Shift + F4. Offset and multiplicative corrections (coding data) of injectors.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7x8H3pN8h1fMuF

Last edited by ctuna; 01-01-2019 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2019, 11:30 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw330 View Post
...Trying to code an injector in MSD80, got a connection in inpa 5.0.6, select shift f9 to get into e90, engine, msd80 for n43 etc, f9 for systemdiagnosen but there is no injector program? and all the f1,f2 etc etc have no menus? Any ideas what’s wrong? Online suggested there should be a shift f4 option for injector programming?
I have never even seen, let alone worked on, an N43, but info I see online suggests it is a 4-cylinder normally-aspirated engine. I thought coding of injectors was only required/ possible on turbo engines with HPFP and piezo-injectors used in direct-injection systems, as opposed to the low pressure port injection used on my N52. If I mis-interpreted your post, and the engine of the car you are working on is NOT an N43, please advise.

The MSD80 DME is used in the twin turbo N54 engine models of E9x cars, and that engine has direct injection High-Pressure piezo-injectors which DO require Adaptation entries (coding) into DME when injectors are changed.

Perhaps someone with an N54 or N55 can offer specific info, but Bentley describes the process of "coding" injectors or entering "tolerance range numbers" copied from the injector body BEFORE installation, and then entered into the DME in an Adaptation Procedure. If you are installing a new injector in a port injection system, AFAIK if has no such 6-digit "tolerance range numbers" on it, and there is NO provision for entering such numbers into DME "code."

Just my understanding as the owner of an N52 which is normally-aspirated and has NO provision for injector "coding." Someone with N43 please provide proper "educated" information.

George
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #4
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw330 View Post
Hi all,

Trying to code an injector in MSD80, got a connection in inpa 5.0.6, select shift f9 to get into e90, engine, msd80 for n43 etc, f9 for systemdiagnosen but there is no injector program? and all the f1,f2 etc etc have no menus?

Any ideas what’s wrong? Online suggested there should be a shift f4 option for injector programming?

Cheers
You may have one of the INPA versions floating around out there without the injector scripts for coding. I know I had one like that a few years ago. I'd suggest trying the standard tools download from bimmergeeks.net. I know this version has it.
      01-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
I have never even seen, let alone worked on, an N43, but info I see online suggests it is a 4-cylinder normally-aspirated engine. I thought coding of injectors was only required/ possible on turbo engines with HPFP and piezo-injectors used in direct-injection systems, as opposed to the low pressure port injection used on my N52. If I mis-interpreted your post, and the engine of the car you are working on is NOT an N43, please advise.

The MSD80 DME is used in the twin turbo N54 engine models of E9x cars, and that engine has direct injection High-Pressure piezo-injectors which DO require Adaptation entries (coding) into DME when injectors are changed.

Perhaps someone with an N54 or N55 can offer specific info, but Bentley describes the process of "coding" injectors or entering "tolerance range numbers" copied from the injector body BEFORE installation, and then entered into the DME in an Adaptation Procedure. If you are installing a new injector in a port injection system, AFAIK if has no such 6-digit "tolerance range numbers" on it, and there is NO provision for entering such numbers into DME "code."

Just my understanding as the owner of an N52 which is normally-aspirated and has NO provision for injector "coding." Someone with N43 please provide proper "educated" information.

George
The N43 was a direct-injected motor used in ROW market E87's, E9x's, and e60's. The injectors can be coded just like the N54's.

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknF...i/BMW_N43.html