F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > I feel OEM with Bootmod3
proTUNING Freaks

12-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

I feel OEM with Bootmod3

I just flashed my car with bootmod3. Very simple, only hiccup was- I had to do the online re-flash because of fuel/drivetrain fault codes.

Car feels just like it did before the tune (I've owned it for a year). Even with 4S tires I partially break traction in Sport+.

I've got a catless DP and LOVE the tune now that I turned off cold start and cat warming RPMs.

Everything is running very smooth and with my cold start changed to 800 rpm it felt smooth like OEM. I'll reply to this thread or make a new one with any problems that arise (It's perfect now, but I know tunes can be tricky and dont want to keep my hopes up).

I've got an EWG.

Next mission is to build the OBD device so I can play with the exhaust flap/diagnostics on the fly.

10/10 purchase.

Any questions, let me know, I've still got alot to learn and need to make my first datalog.
      12-24-2018, 07:30 PM   #2
BK335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xdrive

Just curious, what plugs did you use?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
rackjuediger
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i 6mt

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
How much quieter is the car with the cold start delete? Do you have a video you could email me by chance?
Bimmerworld, H
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #4
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackjuediger View Post
How much quieter is the car with the cold start delete? Do you have a video you could email me by chance?
Here's how you can see what cold start delete would sorta sound like:

Get in your car and drive around for about 10-15 mins to get up to operating temp.

Park the car somewhere and shut it off.

Restart the car while it's still warm.

Boom, cold start delete simulated!
      12-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post

Get in your car and drive around for about 10-15 mins to get up to operating temp.

I don't like the part where you say BOOM.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #6
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Quote:

I don't like the part where you say BOOM.
Meh, to each their own.
      12-25-2018, 05:44 PM   #7
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
What are the advantages to deleting cold start? Don't you want the car to warm to OEM spec the way the engineers designed it?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #8
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
What are the advantages to deleting cold start? Don't you want the car to warm to OEM spec the way the engineers designed it?
Cold start is to get the catalytic converter up to operating temp more quickly. (It only works when it's hot.) If you delete your cat, there's not really a point.

Also, it makes start ups quieter for those who don't want to announce to the neighborhood that you're starting your car in the morning (especially with the aforementioned cat delete).
      12-25-2018, 08:19 PM   #9
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Cold start is to get the catalytic converter up to operating temp more quickly. (It only works when it's hot.) If you delete your cat, there's not really a point.

Also, it makes start ups quieter for those who don't want to announce to the neighborhood that you're starting your car in the morning (especially with the aforementioned cat delete).
When my neighbors start paying my mortgage, then I'll care how they feel about my catless DP cold start
      12-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #10
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Quote:
Quote:

When my neighbors start paying my mortgage, then I'll care how they feel about my catless DP cold start
Wonder how you'd feel if you had a newborn infant and your neighbor's exhaust sound regularly woke up the infant; necessitating that you repeatedly deal with the crying infant (after having been up half the night). I've been down this path......I can assure you, your/your neighbors mortgage payment would be the last thing on your mind under such a scenario.

......oh, and before you say "chill out; I was only kidding"; words and context do matter.

Back to BM3.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2018, 05:03 AM   #11
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenKeel View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wonder how you'd feel if you had a newborn infant and your neighbor's exhaust sound regularly woke up the infant; necessitating that you repeatedly deal with the crying infant (after having been up half the night). I've been down this path......I can assure you, your/your neighbors mortgage payment would be the last thing on your mind under such a scenario.

......oh, and before you say "chill out; I was only kidding"; words and context do matter.

Back to BM3.
I raised two of my own and have had asshole neighbors. I did what I had to do.
      12-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #12
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK335 View Post
Just curious, what plugs did you use?
Replaced my stock OEM with the same N55 plugs about 5k miles ago! Not gonna change them. And I'm staying on stage 1 as long as I own the car.... well... atleast that's what I say now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackjuediger View Post
Dude insanely quieter. I used the car for 3 days before installed BM3 and my lord it was loud. It's straight piped besides an MPE. I need to record a video. I'll try and get one done this week and post it on the Videos section!

Quote:

Boom this guy is a genius

Quote:
My guydude, it's purely emissions related to heat up the cats. Another reason why the waste gate stays open.

Quote:
I raised two of my own and have had asshole neighbors. I did what I had to do.
Yeah I just felt really guilty. 3 of my friends and my father told me to not give a fk about what anyone thinks and just drive the car because I like it. But I cant get rid of the guilt man. So this cold start delete is a life saver. I love my car again.
      12-27-2018, 09:18 AM   #13
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

To note: the cold start cycle will sound no different than revving the engine to 1k rpm, hot or cold. Deleting the cycle doesn't quiet the exhaust across the board.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #14
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

It is pretty annoying and quite rude if you choose ignore the noise local ordinances because you want a loud car. My neighbor wakes us up promptly at 500am every morning leaving for work with his F150 running straight pipes. Not only is it loud, but it shakes our house. It's to the point that I'm going to call him in so he gets a nice $250 fix-it ticket plus the cost to make his F150 fall within the noise ordinance.

Lastly, catless DPs don't add any real additional power over a good 200-300 cell DP.
      12-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #15
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
To note: the cold start cycle will sound no different than revving the engine to 1k rpm, hot or cold. Deleting the cycle doesn't quiet the exhaust across the board.
I mean, I dont thin anyone in this thread though deleting cold start would make your exhaust quieter while driving/using it normally
      12-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #16
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
It is pretty annoying and quite rude if you choose ignore the noise local ordinances because you want a loud car. My neighbor wakes us up promptly at 500am every morning leaving for work with his F150 running straight pipes. Not only is it loud, but it shakes our house. It's to the point that I'm going to call him in so he gets a nice $250 fix-it ticket plus the cost to make his F150 fall within the noise ordinance.

Lastly, catless DPs don't add any real additional power over a good 200-300 cell DP.
That would really piss me off tbh. Glad I have a garage to start my car in if I leave early which doesn’t happen often - plus my car isn’t that loud, but I try to be courteous.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #17
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Have you spoken to the guy about the noise?
      12-27-2018, 09:13 PM   #18
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Have you spoken to the guy about the noise?
I have a neighbor with what sounds like an old straight piped diesel pickup that he feels the need to rev anytime he's doing anything to his car, and he pulls out of the driveway like he's attempting a peel out EVERY DAY.
      12-28-2018, 01:14 AM   #19
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats OP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0