F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > setting F30 2014 335Xi steering to sport setting while in comfort mode
ARMA SPEED

12-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
henkinc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi MT

setting F30 2014 335Xi steering to sport setting while in comfort mode

I like the steering in sport. On our roads I sometimes want to use comfort suspension setting, but I do not like the steering feel in comfort. Can the dealer or some after market software adjust this to my liking?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkinc View Post
I like the steering in sport. On our roads I sometimes want to use comfort suspension setting, but I do not like the steering feel in comfort. Can the dealer or some after market software adjust this to my liking?
Thanks.
Dealer won't do anything to change that. Even if you code in configurable sport mode, the steering and suspension are still linked within the Chassis setting. Might be possible with some deep level coding, but I have no knowledge of that; my suspension is non-adaptive so the chassis setting only affects the steering feel.
      03-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
Kiosanem
Registered
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2013 320I F30

Garage List
Hello there everyone I’m trying to retrofit my 2013 320I F30 with the autodimmig homelink rear view mirror and can’t find the wiring diagram or the DIY video anywhere any suggestions will appreciate thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #4
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Quote:
Thanks.
Dealer won't do anything to change that. Even if you code in configurable sport mode, the steering and suspension are still linked within the Chassis setting. Might be possible with some deep level coding, but I have no knowledge of that; my suspension is non-adaptive so the chassis setting only affects the steering feel.
So help me understand: there are two settings for sport in idrive, chassis tune and drivetrain tune right? And the drivetrain adjusts the fuel injection to be more responsive, the chassis tights the suspension and tightens the steering? Is that right
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #5
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.
So help me understand: there are two settings for sport in idrive, chassis tune and drivetrain tune right? And the drivetrain adjusts the fuel injection to be more responsive, the chassis tights the suspension and tightens the steering? Is that right
Yes, but afaik, it's not set up from factory to be configurable. Has to be coded to be able to individually select chassis, drivetrain, or both.
      03-17-2019, 07:54 PM   #6
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.
Yes, but afaik, it's not set up from factory to be configurable. Has to be coded to be able to individually select chassis, drivetrain, or both.
In my version of configuration, idrive, and sw I can turn on/off the following

1) drivetrain (fuel mapping)
2) chassis (suspension and steering)

But I cannot toggle the two settings within setting 2. The settings appear as an option when I select sport mode. It may only be available if you have M sport package? Or as you said if coded
Appreciate 0