F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 335i AWD purchase
GetBMWParts

12-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
bmwpower603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36 m3 coupe 08 e90 M3

F30 335i AWD purchase

I’m looking to purchase a 2014 335 sport. It has 73k miles. Which I wish it had more, since it would be cheaper.

The car is a 6 speed, is AWD. Has Dinan exhaust, Dinan springs, and possibly a tune. It sounds like the cam overlap tune/ (burble tune).

My question is. Is this car worth purchasing in AWD with all these nice mods , in a 6 speed manual ? Or should I wait it out for a RWD 335 6speed, and mod it myself ?

This car is at a dealer auction, and hope to get it in the 15-18k range.

Is this worth it for that price ? The vehicle has 2 owners, heads up display, premium sound, bmw sport, and navigation, and cold weather packages.

Ps. I’ve also heard interior is not high quality. And plastic can be heard at high speeds. Is this true ? Or is it a pretty quiet ride ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
Pardeep.335
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Should definitely pull the plug however just off the fact that I owned a E90 335i previously, I will say that the F30 does lack in steering and drive feel when compared to its predecessor. However, now owning it the F30 for almost 2 years, I will say that I personally love the feel of the interior. It's simplicity and luxury combined together and I love how it feels solid in all the right places. I paid for more for mine with far less mileage (36k at the time with 9k miles on the dash) but that's because I also bought it in almost new condition. As long as you can confirm the car hasn't been in any major accident, I think that is a fair deal. About the noise, yes the F30 does have a bit of wind noise. My only concern is that your car is coming with a few modifications done to it so that does hint to it possibly being thrashed on by the previous owner. I personally steer away from modified cars but that's just my 2 cents. I can't say much else as I personally haven't seen the car. Goodluck man! They're amazing machines and you cannot go wrong by biting the bullet and getting one
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

I would proceed with caution and learn more about the tune. The wear and tear on the engine may be enough to worry about and require a deeper inspection- if possible.

It's always more practical to get a well maintained stock vehicle and then methodically plan modifications you want.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #4
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The stock N55 F30 has a light exhaust burble. If it's a very light burble, it's likely stock or returned back to stock, anyway.

To check if it was tuned, you might check the charge pipe to see if it's aftermarket or if it is cleaner than the other parts in the engine bay. Unless the car was only lightly tuned, it would likely have had an aftermarket charge pipe, a downpipe, and/or an aftermarket intercooler. If it had a tune that didn't require hardware, then it's likely not anything to be too concerned about.

I personally would say wait for a RWD car. I'm firmly in the "RWD car with snow tires" camp for winters. For the Chicago area, though, which might not be as bad as new hampshire.
Appreciate 0