E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding of DSC and DME

10-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
lrklrk
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320D F31 2013

Coding of DSC and DME

Is it advisable and/or possible to code your DME and DSC with an empty MAN file via NCS?

I do understand it is normal to do so for the media box, FRM, CAS, etc. Though I do not read about doing this to a DME.

I have successfully updated my DME and DSC via WinKPF and thereby resolved the N47 injector zero calibration issue. Though not sure if coding it empty is necessary or risk full.

Considering this since I am left with one returning error code: A0B1 SG input P N, which was not there before updating the DME, CAS AND DSC.

I have got to remark that the CAS module had been replaced as well during the update and also did not get recoded empty MAN to standard VO.

Please advise. Thanks.

Last edited by lrklrk; 10-14-2018 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrklrk View Post
Is it advisable and/or possible to code your DME and DSC with an empty MAN file via NCS?

I do understand it is normal to do so for the media box, FRM, CAS, etc. Though I do not read about doing this to a DME.

I have successfully updated my DME and DSC via WinKPF and thereby resolved the N47 injector zero calibration issue. Though not sure if coding it empty is necessary or risk full.

Considering this since I am left with one returning error code: A0B1 SG input P N, which was not there before updating the DME, CAS AND DSC.

I have got to remark that the CAS module had been replaced as well during the update and also did not get recoded empty MAN to standard VO.

Please advise. Thanks.
After programming of any module it's advisable to code it. ISTA P will do this automatically but because you are using winkfp to program you should use NCS Expert to code.

But....

You don't do this with blank MAN files. This is not the correct way.

You should be use an expert mode profile in NCS without manipulation. Then code the module as normal using the job SG_CODIERDATEN.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #3
lrklrk
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320D F31 2013

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I normally use the revtor profile, which then If I understand correctly is only ment for manipulation of settings?
Am I correct saying that by using a manipulation disabled profile NCS takes its setting to code from the SP daten?
Also In some instructions is mentioned for pre 02 cars to use sg codieren and for post 02 fa write. I do not quite understand that.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrklrk View Post
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I normally use the revtor profile, which then If I understand correctly is only ment for manipulation of settings?
Am I correct saying that by using a manipulation disabled profile NCS takes its setting to code from the SP daten?
Also In some instructions is mentioned for pre 02 cars to use sg codieren and for post 02 fa write. I do not quite understand that.
You need to do some more reading I think otherwise you can cause some problems using NCS Expert.

Basically your car has a vehicle order (VO). In Deutsch, this is FA. This is a list of all the different option codes you have and is stored in the CAS and a backed up in the FRM.

Each module has many different coding options depending on your FA/VO. The module coding settings will be set to their default from factory.

If you change an option or piece of hardware on your car you shouldn't just go to the module in NCS and change the coding directly.

The correct way is to add/takeaway the correct VO code to FA/VO list the code the relevant module/s to the new FA/VO by using an expert mode profile (no manipulation. There are many guides on how to do this.

The FA write command is to change the FA/VO list.
Appreciate 0