E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Replaced EKP module - winkfp update zb same as NCSExpert code from VO

09-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #1
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Replaced EKP module - winkfp update zb same as NCSExpert code from VO

I bought a used EKPM3 module from Ebay. It came from a 328i and I have a 335i.

In INPA I looked at the ZB # info for each module and the Zb #'s were different as expected. In NCS Expert I looked at the FSW PSW and each module had different settings, also as expected.

To get the correct ZB on the replacement model I used Winkfp and it did suggest that I update the ZB on the replacement module to what was on the module that my car came with. I went ahead and did that. Then I checked in INPA and verified the ZB was successfully flashed to the module.

I then started to proceed to use NCS expert to flash the FSW PSW from my VO to get the correct settings on the module. But when I read the module it now has the FSW PSW settings that were on the original module that my car came with.

So I have to assume that by updating the ZB # with Winkfp that also updated the settings in FSW PSW. Is that assumption correct?

I really don't like coding anymore than I have to as I don't have full confidence.

All things should consider should I still go ahead and code the module, from my VO, to the EKP, using NCS Expert or this unnecessary based on what I already did in Winkfp? In other words does NCS Expert maybe code some additional things that don't show up in the FSW PSW?

Thanks in advance to all that reply!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt OLD EKP.TXT (280 Bytes, 121 views)
File Type: txt New EKP.TXT (227 Bytes, 83 views)
      09-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would default code it using NCS to make sure that everything is set accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
I would default code it using NCS to make sure that everything is set accordingly.
Thanks - I'll do that. Maybe there are some things NCS default coding does other than what shows up FSW PSW.

Maybe it makes some change to nettodat