BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Cruising the 401

09-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
Kothar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 20 m235i gran coupe

Cruising the 401

Some notes. I travel to Toronto from London the odd time. Here are some observations:

LBB will stand out like a sore thumb. It seems as if the closer to the GTA you get the more people with ordinary cars (ie. civics, broken down old GM SUV's or Dodge caravans) will want to some how race past you.

Defacto speed on 401 seems to be in the 130 or higher range. Defacto meaning a speed whereby you can cruise along with other traffic and not get passed on by much. The M2 will easily go beyond what is rational, I don't bother, yet there are plenty in the ordinary rigs above that easily will go on 150 or higher.

Past KW going into Milton and GTA the 401 sucks ass, too much traffic, all slow downs, you are going for a clip and then out of nowhere down to a halt. Worst area seems to be around the Milton area in both directions for 10km or , not sure why there.

GTA in general, the 401 there and surrounding roads too congested, you get the odd straight, but just a pile of traffic. Overall I am glad I live where I do with the M2.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Yes i find lesser cars wants to accelerate past you like they accomplished something
Appreciate 0