BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
CPRitter
Rep
Drives: X3

X3 Luxury Package

I'm going to order an X3 xDrive30i soon. It'll have, among other packages, the Executive Package ZPX. When ordered with ZPX, the Luxury Package ZPL costs $350 MSRP. ZPL includes SensaTec Dashboard 4AW, Ambient Lighting 4UR, and Luxury Line 7S2.

Observations and opinions please:
1. How much of the dashboard is covered (bottom up to windshield?) with the leatherette 4AW and how much improvement to appearance is achieved? None of the dealers I visited had inventory with the package.
2. What does 7S2 provide and is it worth getting?
3. 4UR does nothing for me but my impressionable-aged daughter is agog over it. The vehicle is for me, not her.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

Hi, I have the luxury package so I’ll try to answer some of your questions.

1. The leatherette covers the top portion of the dash from the trim that runs across the dash and covers all the way to the windshield. It is not the most expensive looking material used as I have seen much nicer in the 5 series and x5. In my opinion, it does elevate the looks of the interior. It also adds the material to the tops of the door panels in the front and rear of the vehicle.

2. Luxury package adds chrome finishing strips to the side “breather”s, finishers to the grey bars in front, a chrome lip on the front and rear of the vehicle and the leather dash and door panels.

3. The ambient lighting is a big upgrade from BMW’s of the past. These are the kind of details that brings bmw up to par with other car companies in terms of appealing interiors. Some people love it, others don’t care. I have been setting mine on a different color each month to see which one I like most. It does get comments from people riding in the interior.
Appreciate 1
abcsoup184.50
      07-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
abcsoup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M60i, X3 M40i

I think for a relatively low sum of $350, the Luxury Package is a must-order given the SensaTec dash and ambient lighting. Both impact the feel of being in the car, and you'll notice the details every time you (or your daughter) drives it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 12:29 AM   #4
darrylo
Head Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G01 X3 x30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRitter View Post
I'm going to order an X3 xDrive30i soon. It'll have, among other packages, the Executive Package ZPX. When ordered with ZPX, the Luxury Package ZPL costs $350 MSRP. ZPL includes SensaTec Dashboard 4AW, Ambient Lighting 4UR, and Luxury Line 7S2.
Ambient lighting also comes with leather, which is included in ZPX. Since you're ordering ZPX, you're getting ambient lighting whether or not you order the luxury line.

Last edited by darrylo; 07-17-2018 at 12:38 AM..
Appreciate 0