F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive issues - can anyone advise how to fix?
ARMA SPEED

07-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
gtabmwdriver2011
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive

iDrive issues - can anyone advise how to fix?

Recently picked up a new 2018 340i. I have noted 2 (admittedly minor) issues affecting iDrive:

1. I don't remember whether this was the same in my 2014 328i, but iDrive allows one to choose which audio sources will show up when you press the "mode" button on the steering wheel (i.e. radio, CD, XM, bluetooth, USB, etc). In my case, I have it set to toggle only between my presets and CarPlay, since I don't use any other audio sources. It seems to work ok for a while, but then out of the blue, other sources will show up in this menu, without me adding them. So while it starts out just showing Presets and CarPlay, other choices will just mysteriously be inserted (usually Satellite, but I have also seen AM), anywhere from several hours to several days later. I am not sure what is causing this or how to prevent it. Each time it happens, I go back into the menu and deselect the extra sources to get things back to the way I like, but it doesn't seem to stick.

2. When I don't have CarPlay being displayed on the screen (e.g. when I have the car's navigation screen showing), CarPlay notifications (e.g. incoming text messages) sometimes show up at the top of the screen, and sometimes don't. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to this.

Any suggestions about how to fix either of these issues?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 01:41 AM   #2
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Sounds like you may need to make a trip to the dealer. Your car is under warranty anyway so let them take a stab at fixing it.
      07-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #3
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

Take it to a dealer.
Appreciate 0