BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-05-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
Quick18
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Dash Cam Power Supply

I transferred my Blackvue DR650GW 2CH from my M4 to my M40i. Thanks to previous threads it was pretty easy to find the proper fuses. However, I could not find a suitable location for my Cell Link B auxiliary power supply. Finally found the perfect place for it. It fits perfect under the passenger front seat and allows hiding of the cable runs under the front carpet to the front fuse box. Thought I would pass it along in case others have a similar problem.

System, although a little dated, still provides excellent pictures front and back so will try to get another year or two out of it before upgrading.

This particular dash cam paid for itself after a young person ran into the front of my M4 and then tried to deny it. Video convinced the person to rescind any argument and own up to the culpability.
Appreciate 3
sinbad4782.50
Pretzel92.50
kamek357.50
      07-08-2018, 08:37 PM   #2
Njerts
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: x3 m40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick18 View Post
I transferred my Blackvue DR650GW 2CH from my M4 to my M40i. Thanks to previous threads it was pretty easy to find the proper fuses. However, I could not find a suitable location for my Cell Link B auxiliary power supply. Finally found the perfect place for it. It fits perfect under the passenger front seat and allows hiding of the cable runs under the front carpet to the front fuse box. Thought I would pass it along in case others have a similar problem.

System, although a little dated, still provides excellent pictures front and back so will try to get another year or two out of it before upgrading.

This particular dash cam paid for itself after a young person ran into the front of my M4 and then tried to deny it. Video convinced the person to rescind any argument and own up to the culpability.
Any photos will be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
kitzune
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Link to "previous threads" will be also appreciated.I am going to install one, but i have no idea where to plug it in (don't want to waste 12V socket).
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #4
Njerts
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: x3 m40i

Garage List
I plan to add a hidden 12v lighter socket under/behind the glove compartment connected to the fuse box in that area, then run a thin custom USB cable tucked behind windshield trim from the dash cam to the socket with a USB charger.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #5
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G01 30d

That would be a good solution, and what BMW should have done like they have in the F30 I'm driving now ...
Please post pics / instructions, when you're done. B-)

/n
Appreciate 0