BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-02-2018, 05:50 AM   #1
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d - Black Sapphire

UK Configurator not showing X3 M40i emissions

At present, the UK configurator isn't showing performance figures, consumption, or CO2 emissions for the M40i. Is this because they are currently adjusting the next production batch of cars to meet different requirements? Will the exhaust also be tamed? I've read that the performance exhaust is now banned?! Is it deemed that the exhaust on the M40i (as it was) was a performance exhaust and therefore needs to be modified to comply? If this is the case, surely it'll sound a lot tamer. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 06:16 AM   #2
SK1801
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

All i know so far is that the emmissions went up from 188 to 207-208, the performance is still the same and hp drop from 360 to 354.

I hope they will not touch the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #3
MarkyM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux700 View Post
At present, the UK configurator isn't showing performance figures, consumption, or CO2 emissions for the M40i. Is this because they are currently adjusting the next production batch of cars to meet different requirements? Will the exhaust also be tamed? I've read that the performance exhaust is now banned?! Is it deemed that the exhaust on the M40i (as it was) was a performance exhaust and therefore needs to be modified to comply? If this is the case, surely it'll sound a lot tamer. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
I don't think anything in the car will physically change, I think it is just how they carry out the tests to make it more relevant to real world, I think official mpg is dropping from 34 to 31 as well but it will still do exactly the same as before

Tests are becoming more realistic, for instance in the old test 25% of it was with the car stationery which is why we are now blessed with auto start stop
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #4
MarkyM
Major
Rep

August 2018 price list has just appeared which shows the new figures for M40i and also now lists the M40d, it also confirms M Sport Diff standard on those models but don't think that would affect the figures? I assume it's just the new tests

M Sport plus pack now available for M40i which I don't think was before

https://www.bmw.co.uk/pdfs/price-lis...t_july2018.pdf
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
snakehips
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
August 2018 price list has just appeared which shows the new figures for M40i and also now lists the M40d, it also confirms M Sport Diff standard on those models but don't think that would affect the figures? I assume it's just the new tests

Thanks for this list. A few things baffle me about this switch to the new prices and new build. I ordered in May but build will be in August. I assume I do not need to pay extra. If some combinations and dependencies have changed, do I still get exactly what I originally ordered or do I have to accept changes? Some of the wheel options, including mine, state "only with ZMS (not with M40i)". What does this mean?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
jbtco
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

It is up to your negotiations with the dealer what you have to pay. BMW UK will charge the dealer, whether they pass it on is their decision. In my experience Dealer contracts allow them to pass on any price increase but you will be allowed to walk away if you don’t want to pay. The dealer may decide to swallow the increase.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #7
MarkyM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
Quote:

Thanks for this list. A few things baffle me about this switch to the new prices and new build. I ordered in May but build will be in August. I assume I do not need to pay extra. If some combinations and dependencies have changed, do I still get exactly what I originally ordered or do I have to accept changes? Some of the wheel options, including mine, state "only with ZMS (not with M40i)". What does this mean?
I'm sure you don't need to worry, BMW issue those price list for orders after a particular date, new one is for 1st August, only possible change will be any UK tax increase which I think they have some disclaimer on, but depending when you ordered that may be the same?

I believe the new prices and changes to co2 are for the 2019MY anyway which would be from September builds onwards

I noticed about the wheels, they always have some sort of glitch, previous price lists kept showing sensatec dash as a £450 option on M40i but it was standard
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
carbon80
Private
Rep
Drives: x3

Quote:

Interesting..... The M40D could be just what im looking for!
Appreciate 0