F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Couple iDrive & HUD Questions
ARMA SPEED

06-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
NicB.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

Couple iDrive & HUD Questions

Hi guys,

New 2015 335i owner here. I searched to find the answers to these questions, but I'm still unclear. Can someone help me out?

1. I can stream music from my iPhone's bluetooth via the Music app, Pandora, Spotify, etc. However, when I try to stream from YouTube, I get no sound. I have double-checked to make sure YouTube is outputting to the car, volume is up, YouTube will interrupt another app playing music and the time progress bar is moving, just no sound. My brother has a 2015 M235i and says he can stream YouTube on his. We have the same iDrive software versions.

2. I have an iPod classic plugged into my center console. When I start playing an artist or playlist, one would expect that scrolling the control wheel on the steering wheel would allow me to move up/down in that playlist. What is strange is that I only see the current songs and previous songs played in that "folder" (whether playlist, artist, album, etc.). There was one point in time that it loaded all songs in a folder, but I haven't been able to replicate since. Surely this can't be normal. As a result, I cannot skip to the next track in the list using the steering wheel controls, which is frustrating.

Any perspective you can share is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

NicB.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
NicB.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

Any ideas? Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
GeorgeF31
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i xDrive M Sport Wagon

This may be an issue with aging iPod software meeting iDrive software. I use an iTouch that works great for iTunes stuff but since the BMW Connected app won't run on the iTouch, I can't use Amazon music. Fortunately, my phone dies work fine.

How long has it been since you got your iDrive updated? I got mine updated under warranty recently and it seems to have solved my Amazon music issues where it used to drop out randomly and/or refuse to pick back up on restart.
Appreciate 0