F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > ConnectedDrive worth it without navigation business/pro
Extreme Powerhouse

06-29-2018, 06:28 AM   #1
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

ConnectedDrive worth it without navigation business/pro

Hi all

I have a early 2017 4 GC with a basic 6,5" display and BMWs "Integrated Navigation" they offer for retrofit.

One of the downsides of the Integrated Navigation is actually that it isn't integrated with the main system and therefore makes it impossible to upgrade to a larger 8.8" display and can't use the shortcut keys for destinations and more.

While all of the above is a known fact, BMW still tries to sell me ConnectedDrive in my main menu for around EUR 200 - now I love gadgets and I'm always tempted to connect my car even more, BUT do I even get any benefits out of this when I miss pro navigation ? Is it EUR 200 for a weather forecast or?
      07-02-2018, 04:33 AM   #2
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

Seems like I'm the only one... Tried to call the ConnectedDrive hotline and my GOD ! That kid didn't even know what options would be part of the package ...

"Well with ConnectedDrive you get access to Live Trafic for example"

"Well do I really get that without the pro-navigation"

"No, but that's possible to retrofit"

"What?! So the main selling point is something I need to retrofit Pro-nav to get?!"