BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #1
Tenshoa
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Reprogramming the Auto Shut Off

So I was once told that the dealer can reprogram the auto shut off (at idle) so that it remembers that you turned it off last time you used the vehicle, so that you don't have to shut it off every time. However, I'm told by my dealer that they can no longer do this due to legal issues/recent law. Is there any merit to this? If so, is there still a way to reprogram it?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:28 PM   #2
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Code it yourself, if not sure how, few members from your area can help you with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:47 PM   #3
Tenshoa
Rep

Not exactly sure how. Lol

If it's not too crazy, I'm not opposed to attempting it myself unless it's pretty risky.

Any idea how to find someone local to me that can help? I'm new to these forums.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

I use Sport Individual with everything in Comfort except Steering. That way I get the steering weight I like plus ASS off by default
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #5
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
Code it yourself, if not sure how, few members from your area can help you with it.
FYI (and I mean no ill will towards you BeeMdblU), but this is currently an impossible thing to suggest. There is literally zero way whatsoever for anyone to get a working e-sys system up and running right now, without having an inside connection. 100% of the available launcher tools require activation codes, and the only way to get them is by emailing people who reportedly (and in my own experience) have not responded to queries in months. Some things can be coded via BimmerCode but auto stop start is not one of the features supported by that app.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #6
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSage View Post
FYI (and I mean no ill will towards you BeeMdblU), but this is currently an impossible thing to suggest. There is literally zero way whatsoever for anyone to get a working e-sys system up and running right now, without having an inside connection. 100% of the available launcher tools require activation codes, and the only way to get them is by emailing people who reportedly (and in my own experience) have not responded to queries in months. Some things can be coded via BimmerCode but auto stop start is not one of the features supported by that app.
My bad, I did not know that, I thought it's as simple as my F15, hopefully that issue is rectified prior to getting my X4
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 09:44 PM   #7
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep

Some people already have a functioning e-sys because they set it up back when launcher devs were responding to emails. Almaretto for example does a great job remotely coding your BMW. I used him for my X3 and I am 100% satisfied.
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      06-26-2018, 10:48 PM   #8
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
When I was playing with this in December you only needed a code if you did not use a North American version of Windows or if you tried running in a virtual machine. I spent a week trying to figure out why esys launcher was asking for a code when all the info I had said it only did that for non-North American users and it was because I was using a VM.

I'm fairly certain the same tools are still available out there for those who can meet these criteria.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 12:10 AM   #9
Tenshoa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSage View Post
Some people already have a functioning e-sys because they set it up back when launcher devs were responding to emails. Almaretto for example does a great job remotely coding your BMW. I used him for my X3 and I am 100% satisfied.
So if I contact him, he could still do it?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 02:25 AM   #10
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshoa View Post
So if I contact him, he could still do it?
Very likely yes.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 02:27 AM   #11
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
When I was playing with this in December you only needed a code if you did not use a North American version of Windows or if you tried running in a virtual machine. I spent a week trying to figure out why esys launcher was asking for a code when all the info I had said it only did that for non-North American users and it was because I was using a VM.

I'm fairly certain the same tools are still available out there for those who can meet these criteria.
There is a launcher that works the way you describe, but it’s lacking some mapping for G01 stuff and makes it pretty hard to use.
Appreciate 0