BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
Yousif00
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Did I make the right choice??

Hey guys and gals

I’m new to this whole online forum thing and found tons of useful information on here, except for my question. I have just purchased my 2019 X3 and I’m in love. Except I’m not sure if I made the right decision and I need your guys help. It was between Navigation and Apple CarPlay which I got, or the leather seats for the ambient lights, which I don’t have. I choose the nave because the base screen was just too small looking for me, did I make the right choice? I really wanted the ambient lights because the car is basically black at night which I hate.

Let me know what you guys would have done, choose Navi and apple CarPlay, or the ambient lights.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

I say you made the right choice. I’ve been in BMWs with Sansatec learherette and from what I’ve heard and seen from past BMWs by my parents is that they hold up much better over time. Theyre easy to clean, they don’t crack or rip as easy, and the texture isn’t too bad while most people won’t be able to tell the difference between sansatec and leather. Ambient lighting is cool for like the first couple months but eventually I just left it on one color, your not missing much there. I agree with you prioritizing the nav screen as the larger screen is a must, but I don’t care about Apple CarPlay much since its not that good, but with ios 12 introducing waze and google maps to carplay it might become good
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

The Nav offers lots of function and is upgradeable. The ambient lighting is very cool but only serves one purpose. So if you had to choose, I would say you choose the option with the most bang for the buck. Btw, Apply Car Play can be added to the car via the online store and if you absolutely wanted the ambient lighting, you could probably upgrade yourvtrim and my guess is the car is already pre-wirered for the lighting. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Yousif00
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
I say you made the right choice. I’ve been in BMWs with Sansatec learherette and from what I’ve heard and seen from past BMWs by my parents is that they hold up much better over time. Theyre easy to clean, they don’t crack or rip as easy, and the texture isn’t too bad while most people won’t be able to tell the difference between sansatec and leather. Ambient lighting is cool for like the first couple months but eventually I just left it on one color, your not missing much there. I agree with you prioritizing the nav screen as the larger screen is a must, but I don’t care about Apple CarPlay much since its not that good, but with ios 12 introducing waze and google maps to carplay it might become good

Thank you very much for your reply, and I’ve heard that the sensatic does indeed last longer. And you’re probably right that I would eventually get over the lights...

Anyways thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #5
Yousif00
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtespar View Post
The Nav offers lots of function and is upgradeable. The ambient lighting is very cool but only serves one purpose. So if you had to choose, I would say you choose the option with the most bang for the buck. Btw, Apply Car Play can be added to the car via the online store and if you absolutely wanted the ambient lighting, you could probably upgrade yourvtrim and my guess is the car is already pre-wirered for the lighting. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply! That’s what I was thinking too. Nav offers many more things in the whole idrive system. I’ll eventually get over the lights, I dont want to put those after market lights it’ll make the car look tacky.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #6
shemazar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 e46 m3

I’ve always been of the opinion to get what you want without compromises. Why spend 50-60k+ on something that you’re not fully satisfied with? I’d just spend the extra few hundred $$$ and get whatever you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #7
bmwx3guy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemazar View Post
I’ve always been of the opinion to get what you want without compromises. Why spend 50-60k+ on something that you’re not fully satisfied with? I’d just spend the extra few hundred $$$ and get whatever you want.
Very true. Buy what you like and want. I always wanted leather, feels so good. I live the ambient lighting and the apple car play. I did not get DA+. Which I regret to this day. But apart from that I got pretty much what I wanted and I am happy.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #8
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousif00 View Post
Thanks for your reply! That’s what I was thinking too. Nav offers many more things in the whole idrive system. I’ll eventually get over the lights, I dont want to put those after market lights it’ll make the car look tacky.
I was t talking about aftermarket lighting. You can get the oem lights if you upgrade the trim in the vehicle.
Appreciate 0