BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
jjturner
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535d

Another m40i issue?

I ordered an X3 m40i in February and its finally arrived at the dealership today, I'm in the UK so obviously takes ages.. Its the first one the dealer has had and they have said it will take a couple of days to PDI it as they want to ensure its all ok. One thing they did mention is they have to do something on the diff, anyone heard of another recall?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
darksky1
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40I

i got mine 2 weeks agoo in Belgium. hey did not mention anything aboud the diff . And it took them no time to deliver the car , so i do not know what problems they make in the UK
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
RocketRomeo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjturner View Post
I ordered an X3 m40i in February and its finally arrived at the dealership today, I'm in the UK so obviously takes ages.. Its the first one the dealer has had and they have said it will take a couple of days to PDI it as they want to ensure its all ok. One thing they did mention is they have to do something on the diff, anyone heard of another recall?
Congrats on the new car... however to sorry to hear this. Hopefully it’ll be nothing serious.

I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago but I don’t have the diff... so can’t be much help I’m afraid... my dealer (UK) also hadn’t had one in before and they were a little uncertain about making sure the car was right with the PDI. This did seem strange to me but they were quite transparent about it all and wanted to make sure everything was perfect... all ok so far (touch wood) so I’m sure yours will be.
Appreciate 1
titomi926.00
      06-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #4
RocketRomeo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I’m still also interested in why the car suddenly has. Diff... is this usual for a 4 wheel drive??
Appreciate 0