E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 Roof Hesitation - please help, been searching forum and can't find anything with

05-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
Twisterr1000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325I

E93 Roof Hesitation - please help, been searching forum and can't find anything with

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section or been answered before, but couldn't find anyone with this specific issue.

The car:
E93 UK Spec 2007.

The problem:
Roof goes down okay, however when coming up it gets stuck when trying to lift out the boot. Seems to be catching on the passenger side of the boot. The boot bit lifts to allow the roof to come up but the 3 pieces struggle to come up.

I've seen this issue on the 2 other cars I viewed before buying (hence I bought this one because it worked)

Only been happening recently, however would like to sort it before it gets worse.

If any more info is needed please let me know.

Any help with this is massively appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
Twisterr1000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325I

Update:
Lubricated / greased some of mechanical prts and seems a lot better- still a slight hesitation. I'll update for anyone who may come accross this after a little while to see how it's going
Appreciate 0