BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-14-2018, 02:47 AM   #1
RocketRomeo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Collecting M40i today... Anything I need to check?!

Hi all

So the day has arrived...

Collecting the car today... although I’ll still say “hopefully”!

I have put together a list of things to make sure I check before I sign and drive away... because I know too well how easy it is to get carried away with the excitement and forget a whole load of things! . .. unfortunately I learnt the hard way!

My list so far:
- check all optional extras on order form are present(!)
- check regarding spoiler and fuel line (any other) recalls to see if they’ve been addressed.
- ensure I receive confirmation of the free 3 year service pack (last car I forgot and then spent months fighting for the pack as the sales guy left)
- check for confirmation of autoglym ceramic coating and scotch guard .. not sure how I can check it’s been done?

Wow... now I read back this post and look like a paranoid owner-to-be who doesn’t trust a dealership!

Any advice would be well received! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 04:25 AM   #2
alt21
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

I have a couple of exterior trim pieces that aren't aligned properly, not sure if they can do anything about it but might want to check that as well. (leaving this till the first service to see if they can fix it)

I took the piano black interior trim and had to have the one panel buffed as it was scratched and another panel has several hairline cracks (been back to the dealer a couple of times to try get this sorted)

My ambient lighting strips are also not the same brightness over the entire strip, has 2cm - 3cm pieces that are faded.
Appreciate 0