F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW logo stuck, can't reset it, no warrenty
GetBMWParts

05-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
t0mzz
Rep
Drives: Red interior

BMW logo stuck, can't reset it, no warrenty

Hello guys,

I have a 2014 BMW 435.

For the last 2 months I am driving with the BMW logo stuck on the dashboard/monitor ( I dont have the navigation )

and this is how it looks https://www.google.com/search?biw=14...3htgPg0Hy344M:

I've tried resetting it using the volume control and holding the eject button.

I've tried plugging out and back in the battery to reset the system.

My friend scanned it and it says something about ccc/cic unit.

I've called couple mechanic and one said that I need to go to the BMW and have this re-flushed first and see if it will work, if not it's really expansive to fix?

Is there like a warranty for it, the car has 42k miles.

BTW.

Couple times I had issues with starting the car, and was getting low voltage from the battery. I've changed the battery and it was fine for 2-3 weeks.

I did jumpstart the car couple times but then replaced the battery and had no issues with starting it again.

Ahh, this suck.s

Anyway, i love the fucking car.

OH, and at this moment I am not even sure when my oil change is due, or how is the tire pressure, or are there any other issues because the screen wont show anything.

thanks for all the help!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 01:27 AM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mzz View Post
Hello guys,

I have a 2014 BMW 435.

For the last 2 months I am driving with the BMW logo stuck on the dashboard/monitor ( I dont have the navigation )

and this is how it looks https://www.google.com/search?biw=14...3htgPg0Hy344M:

I've tried resetting it using the volume control and holding the eject button.

I've tried plugging out and back in the battery to reset the system.

My friend scanned it and it says something about ccc/cic unit.

I've called couple mechanic and one said that I need to go to the BMW and have this re-flushed first and see if it will work, if not it's really expansive to fix?

Is there like a warranty for it, the car has 42k miles.

BTW.

Couple times I had issues with starting the car, and was getting low voltage from the battery. I've changed the battery and it was fine for 2-3 weeks.

I did jumpstart the car couple times but then replaced the battery and had no issues with starting it again.

Ahh, this suck.s

Anyway, i love the fucking car.

OH, and at this moment I am not even sure when my oil change is due, or how is the tire pressure, or are there any other issues because the screen wont show anything.

thanks for all the help!
As long as it was put in service less than 4 years ago and under 50k miles, it should have a warranty.

By waiting several months, odds are you might have hosed yourself.
Appreciate 1
jeffc83725.00
      05-10-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
As long as it was put in service less than 4 years ago and under 50k miles, it should have a warranty.

By waiting several months, odds are you might have hosed yourself.
This sums it all up and every owner should embed that warranty expiration date into their brains for this very reason. These are not cheap cars yet many of them are treated just like one:/

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #4
t0mzz
Rep

Hello, so when I had my first oil change in November, the car was already out of warranty.

That's what the dealer said, and I asked him to double checked because the Carfax was showing a different date then his BMW record, so at that point I knew I am out of warranty.

Do you think the reflushing / re-progamming will work, it costs 270.

What are my chances of this working?

If the system is down right now, stock with the logo, can anything go wrong with the car since I am not getting any messages?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #5
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hello, so when I had my first oil change in November, the car was already out of warranty.

That's what the dealer said, and I asked him to double checked because the Carfax was showing a different date then his BMW record, so at that point I knew I am out of warranty.

Do you think the reflushing / re-progamming will work, it costs 270.

What are my chances of this working?

If the system is down right now, stock with the logo, can anything go wrong with the car since I am not getting any messages?
1) Did you do or anyone else do any coding to your car since you have owned it?

2) Who put in your battery and did they code the car then?

3) Did this start before or after you replaced battery?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
t0mzz
Rep

1) I did not, the only coding I think was done after replacing the battery.

2) Yes, a local mechanic shop who specializes in German cars

3) It started after, maybe 3-4 weeks after

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 01:16 PM   #7
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

Just for accuracy. When a battery is replaced, it is "registered". No coding is normally performed. The registration process is telling the car that a new battery is installed and its particular specs.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion4 View Post
Just for accuracy. When a battery is replaced, it is "registered". No coding is normally performed. The registration process is telling the car that a new battery is installed and its particular specs.
Registering the battery means changes to the coding.

Quote:

It started after, maybe 3-4 weeks after
Normally I would say that updating the istep should not solve the issue as the unit should not lock up without a coding screwup.

However, the timeframe between the battery change and the event makes it more likely related than not.

It might not fix it, but it’s worth a shot at this point.

If it has not been done on a 2014 Vehicle, you will get other added benefits anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #9
t0mzz
Rep

Got it.

Thanks!

And if that does not work, I am looking at 3-4k to replace this issue?

Can something bad happen to the car if I dont?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #10
t0mzz
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #11
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
bump
PM me the last 7 digits of the VIN.

If needed, we can program a replacement head unit for you on our bench and ship it to you for a fraction of what the dealer will charge. All you need to do is just swap the deck.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #12
retiredmarine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i msport

same issue

I had my head unit replaced while it was still under warranty for this exact issue by BMW. The idrive screen was frozen. That was about a year ago. Yesterday, the stupid thing started doing it again! Now my car is out of warranty, and BMW says since they paid for it, the 2 year warranty doesn't come with it. If I already had this issue fixed under warranty, and it's doing the exact same thing...shouldn't they be responsible still to make it right? Steve, what do you guys charge for the reprogrammed units?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #13
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredmarine View Post
I had my head unit replaced while it was still under warranty for this exact issue by BMW. The idrive screen was frozen. That was about a year ago. Yesterday, the stupid thing started doing it again! Now my car is out of warranty, and BMW says since they paid for it, the 2 year warranty doesn't come with it. If I already had this issue fixed under warranty, and it's doing the exact same thing...shouldn't they be responsible still to make it right? Steve, what do you guys charge for the reprogrammed units?
Agreed. I don't think it's right of them to leave you in the cold like that!

Is your head unit with Navigation or is the base one with the smaller screen? Anyways, I sent you a PM with the upgrade/replacement options.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #14
warby
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 f30 320i xdrive

I have the same issue as this, stuck on the bmw logo. I'm in the UK though what are my options?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #15
Jlowrimore1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 328i

I just bought a used 2013 328i 5 days ago and the radio or head unit wasn’t working when I bought it but I thought ok no big deal. Well the radio will play for like 3 minutes, I can’t change the radio station, and head unit shows bmw logo. Then it will cut off (the head unit and music )then come back on in like 10 seconds. Then 2 or 3 minutes later the unit shuts off again music stops then comes back on again. It reboots itself like every 3 minutes. None of the controls work except the volume. Is the head unit bad or is it a program? I don’t have warranty I just need to know if I can fix it and if not what kind of price am I looking at?

I’m also new to this website I was searching on google what could be the problem and this forum came up so I joined to see if anyone can help

Last edited by Jlowrimore1; 03-15-2020 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 10:57 PM   #16
ooshnoo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i and 2018 X5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlowrimore1 View Post
I just bought a used 2013 328i 5 days ago and the radio or head unit wasn't working when I bought it but I thought ok no big deal. Well the radio will play for like 3 minutes, I can't change the radio station, and head unit shows bmw logo. Then it will cut off (the head unit and music )then come back on in like 10 seconds. Then 2 or 3 minutes later the unit shuts off again music stops then comes back on again. It reboots itself like every 3 minutes. None of the controls work except the volume. Is the head unit bad or is it a program? I don't have warranty I just need to know if I can fix it and if not what kind of price am I looking at?

I'm also new to this website I was searching on google what could be the problem and this forum came up so I joined to see if anyone can help
You're better off posting a new thread rather than piggy-backing off an unrelated topic that's 2 years old.

03-16-2020, 03:44 PM   #17
Jlowrimore1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
You're better off posting a new thread rather than piggy-backing off an unrelated topic that's 2 years old.
New members canÂ’t make a new thread they have to make a post first. IÂ’m so sorry that asking a question about my car in a thread you donÂ’t like offended you (if it didnÂ’t bother you, then pointless to say anything) I just want some advice on what other people have done. So my dang bad
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #18
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

A regular Dale Carnegie, aren't you? Well, aside from your bad attitude pissing off people who might otherwise have been inclined to help, by burying your question at the end of an unrelated thread chances others who've had the same problem probably won't see your post, so they wouldn't be able to help even if they wanted to.
Appreciate 1
dianebrat109.50
      03-17-2020, 12:48 PM   #19
paul e
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
New members canÂ’t make a new thread they have to make a post first. IÂ’m so sorry that asking a question about my car in a thread you donÂ’t like offended you (if it didnÂ’t bother you, then pointless to say anything) I just want some advice on what other people have done. So my dang bad
So make the post referring readers to your new one.

I agree, you’ll never get the visibility by glomming onto another thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 12:55 PM   #20
Dreier3
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
I just bought a used 2013 328i 5 days ago and the radio or head unit wasn’t working when I bought it but I thought ok no big deal. Well the radio will play for like 3 minutes, I can’t change the radio station, and head unit shows bmw logo. Then it will cut off (the head unit and music )then come back on in like 10 seconds. Then 2 or 3 minutes later the unit shuts off again music stops then comes back on again. It reboots itself like every 3 minutes. None of the controls work except the volume. Is the head unit bad or is it a program? I don’t have warranty I just need to know if I can fix it and if not what kind of price am I looking at?

I’m also new to this website I was searching on google what could be the problem and this forum came up so I joined to see if anyone can help
I'm having the exact same problem too. What was the problem and how did you fix it?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 03:29 PM   #21
samisam
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2014

Unhappy same issue as initial post

Hello; I am having same issues as previous user;
Screen stuck on BMW logo; no other issues until a few days ago the right low beam light went on, also the left light malfunction.
Unsure when I changed battery; almost certain have not since I purchased the vehicle in 2016. Could this be the battery need to be replaced?
No longer in warranty
Any advice is welcomed.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 04:27 PM   #22
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

The first step in identifying most problems is to use a code reader to find error codes. Even freeware apps, like Bimmer-tool Lite, can identify most problems. Or you can pay a dealer upwards of $150 to do the same thing.
Appreciate 0