BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-06-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
tenflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 x30i

Anyone have luck moving up their performance delivery date?

So my order was placed a few weeks ago, was caught up in that parts shortage for the drive assistance packages, ended up with a June build date. I wasn't in a huge hurry so didn't have a problem with that.

Turns out, my X3 was actually just built and finished 2 days ago! But I had previously scheduled my Spartanburg performance delivery for mid June.

This is a good problem to have of course, but anyone have luck moving up their performance delivery schedule? Going to try Monday thru my dealer of course, I mean why not. I do know with performance delivery they have to block hotel rooms, have space in the classroom, track cars etc. so this may not be possible. And if that's the case I have to somehow learn to be patient...

Last edited by tenflyer; 05-06-2018 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 08:06 AM   #2
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenflyer View Post
So my order was placed a few weeks ago, was caught up in that parts shortage for the drive assistance packages, ended up with a June build date. I wasn't in a huge hurry so didn't have a problem with that.

Turns out, my X3 was actually just built and finished 2 days ago! But I had previously scheduled my Spartanburg performance delivery for mid June.

This is a good problem to have of course, but anyone have luck moving up their performance delivery schedule? Going to try Monday thru my dealer of course, I mean why not. I do know with performance delivery they have to block hotel rooms, have space in the classroom, track cars etc. so this may not be possible. And if that's the case I have to somehow learn to be patient...

Do you have the original PCD email confirming your current delivery date?

If yes then reply to all and request a primary and second date. PCD will reply and let you know if that is possible and re-send a new confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #3
tenflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 x30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Do you have the original PCD email confirming your current delivery date?
I do, guess it can't hurt to give it a shot!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 11:56 AM   #4
dotcomgirl
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Definitely send an email to PCD. Don’t even bother going through your dealer. I changed my date that way. Granted, I pushed mine out instead of making it closer, but they were super helpful.
Appreciate 0