F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Used 435 ix w/ 54k miles good or bad?
Extreme Powerhouse

04-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
JdogCar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 16 civic

Used 435 ix w/ 54k miles good or bad?

I am impatiently waiting for an IX m sport to appear that is within the mid 20k range. I have found a 2014 for just under $27k and was wondering if 54k miles is a lot (considering the maintenance costs) I recall hearing someone say that around 50 or 60k miles the maintenance starts to rack up, however I am wondering if I can get a more precise definition on what they meant? like what specific parts? Any good articles or threads you can show me to?

My friend who just got his AWD 435 swears by the AWD even though there are better deals on the RWD I also want to make sure its worth getting the AWD?

PS this will be my first BMW. I love the n54/n55 and understand they are costly in maintenance but I was curious when that starts to happen mileage wise. I am coming across some discrepancy.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #2
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdogCar View Post
I am impatiently waiting for an IX m sport to appear that is within the mid 20k range. I have found a 2014 for just under $27k and was wondering if 54k miles is a lot (considering the maintenance costs) I recall hearing someone say that around 50 or 60k miles the maintenance starts to rack up, however I am wondering if I can get a more precise definition on what they meant? like what specific parts? Any good articles or threads you can show me to?

My friend who just got his AWD 435 swears by the AWD even though there are better deals on the RWD I also want to make sure its worth getting the AWD?

PS this will be my first BMW. I love the n54/n55 and understand they are costly in maintenance but I was curious when that starts to happen mileage wise. I am coming across some discrepancy.
I just bought my 2014 bmw 335i rwd with 52000 miles no coo warranty and I have already replaced one injector. Might eventually replace the others in worry that they might fail too. I mean I'm already full
Bolt on so preventatively I already changed the spark plugs and coils. I work with like 15 people who used to be bmw techs so they pretty much help me out with anything. I'm not gonna lie to you without those people I would have spent thousands on fixing my car. With going the trouble of diagnosing the injector and getting one and just other things. So a warranty is good. DIY is also good. Just be prepared to fix stuff BMWs are complicated machines so stuff does break. I love my car though for sure. It hasn't really done anything bad yet as I have only got the car for a month so I don't have al the information you need but I thought I would give you some insight on my experience so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #3
Kingpin4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i/2019 M2C

I would HIGHLY recommend getting some kind of warranty (possible 3rd party)on any used BMW that's no CPO unless you have highly trained BMW technician friends you no and would trust to work on your car IMHO.
Appreciate 0