THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning DINAN SPORT NIGHTMARE WITH M240i

03-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
cloewe08
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i, 2003 MB S600 V12TT

DINAN SPORT NIGHTMARE WITH M240i

I have a 2017 M240i automatic and I ordered the Dinan Sport Tuner.

Installed today, only took a few mins, I thought wow this is easy!

I followed the instructions and had the right app on my phone (Galaxy S7)

Turned ignition ON, app cannot find Dinan Sport. I restarted the app, restarted the phone, turned the ignition off and then on again, still nothing. Even opened the hood and put the phone right next to the tuner. Nope! I went over my install work TWICE while verifying with the instructions to make sure everything was correct. Red light on the tuner is on as instructions state to look for.

I thought it might be my phone, so I grabbed my other off-commission android phone. Still same thing. WONT FIND THE TUNER ON THE APP. At this point I was frustrated. The instructions state that an app isn't needed for the performance benefit and that the sport tuner is preset at the SPORT+ setting. So I thought I would just start the car and go for a drive and hope the app would work some other time.

BIG MISTAKE!! The car started and seemed to sputter a bit but then idled down smoothly and there was no check engine light. Drove down the street, and at first THERE WAS NO THROTTLE RESPONSE!!! I was like maybe my ECU has to adjust, but then a few hundred feet down the street my car shifted into the next gear and it SHUDDERED!!! I barely made it back to my driveway. Restarted the car and it STALLED with the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON!

At this point, I don't know what to do, my car only has 2,600 miles on it and I am really hoping this Dinan Sport tuner didn't damage anything. Honestly, I am rather pissed off that this thing has caused my car to behave erratically.

LOOKING FOR SOME SUPPORT FROM DINAN and anyone else...I will be calling Dinan first thing tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
rickd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Had that issue

I feel your pain, I had the same issue with the Dinantronics one with the same results but mine ran for about 5 months before it took a dump. I believe that mine was caused by a short inside the unit or water damage. Support at Dinan is fantastic, they will take care of it so don't panic! Just unplug the tuner and run the car stock, the car will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 09:02 AM   #3
Bobby P
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i/VW MK7.5 GTI

That's not good to hear, what happens to your vehicle if you remove the the SPORT tuner? Does it go back to normal operation? I know there is a few folks on here who have Sport Tune installed on the B58, maybe they can provide some troubleshooting tips, have you contacted Dinan Support? Perhaps the Sport tuner is faulty?
Appreciate 0