BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    F90 M5 production order pushed back twice

03-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
Spara
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

F90 M5 production order pushed back twice

I put an order in for F90 in february for a production number that was part of a pack scheduled for the first half of March. During the first week, I got a call from my CA indicating that the car had gone to status 150 with a completion date a week later. THEN, three days after that the car reverted to 111 status with a production start date of mid April.

Talking with my CA I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and I added CCB, full leather and changed the color to Azurite Black. My excitement, however, was damped when BMW changed the production date again to mid may.

This is my first custom order, as generally I'm not big on waiting for products but at this price point (also a first for me) I wanted to make sure everything is exactly the way I want. My CA has been suuuuper helpful and communicative through the process, but seems like I'm in a weird spot where each of my changes pushed back the completion date of the car. I've called and confirmed the production date changed with BMW Genius who confirmed the may date (week 21).

So, while I wait, I thought I'd go ahead and take this up with this forum and see if any of you more experienced folk have had a similar experience?

Also - keep the delivery pics coming gentlemen. It really helps looking at gorgeous F90's while I wait it out.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Uber

Hang in there my man, good things come to those who wait
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

This is weird, shouldn't you maintain your priority if they bump you from March to April? Did you check if it has the same production number?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #4
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neohh View Post
This is weird, shouldn't you maintain your priority if they bump you from March to April? Did you check if it has the same production number?
Isn't there a longer lead time on the individual colors? Maybe switching to Azurite black pushed you back.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
sybaek9
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spara View Post
I put an order in for F90 in february for a production number that was part of a pack scheduled for the first half of March. During the first week, I got a call from my CA indicating that the car had gone to status 150 with a completion date a week later. THEN, three days after that the car reverted to 111 status with a production start date of mid April.

Talking with my CA I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and I added CCB, full leather and changed the color to Azurite Black. My excitement, however, was damped when BMW changed the production date again to mid may.

This is my first custom order, as generally I'm not big on waiting for products but at this price point (also a first for me) I wanted to make sure everything is exactly the way I want. My CA has been suuuuper helpful and communicative through the process, but seems like I'm in a weird spot where each of my changes pushed back the completion date of the car. I've called and confirmed the production date changed with BMW Genius who confirmed the may date (week 21).

So, while I wait, I thought I'd go ahead and take this up with this forum and see if any of you more experienced folk have had a similar experience?

Also - keep the delivery pics coming gentlemen. It really helps looking at gorgeous F90's while I wait it out.
So I have a situation where my first ordered car was damaged at the port. So they had found a new build slot for me scheduled for April but they notified me saying they pushed me up and marked priority as VIP and started yesterday with ECD of end of the month.

Supposedly there are certain VIP orders that's pushing other normal orders back a bit.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
frankchn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hmm, that sucks, but I think changing options might result in orders getting pushed back. Did you get a VIN when the car went into Status 150 the first time?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #7
drewzMMM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Future M5 F90 Owner

What color interior did you select? I recall there is a delay for all individual leather because they are changing suppliers, and the individual colors were impacted most by this.
*R.I.P.*
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #8
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickburn7 View Post
Isn't there a longer lead time on the individual colors? Maybe switching to Azurite black pushed you back.
I didn't realize it's individual color. I think you are correct that may be the reason of the second delay.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #9
Spara
Private
United_States
Rep

It does make sense that doing an Individual color did push back the order, but seemingly it pushed it back three production blocks instead of one which is the usual "2 week delay". I went from Week 14 to Week 21, which would be a bit odd for just Black Azurite. Interior leather isn't individual, though it is full.

Sybaek - are you east coast? Odd to think production is so limited that we'd be related, but it totally makes me feel better thinking I gave up a slot for someone whose car was outright destroyed.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 10:24 PM   #10
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It does make sense that doing an Individual color did push back the order, but seemingly it pushed it back three production blocks instead of one which is the usual "2 week delay". I went from Week 14 to Week 21, which would be a bit odd for just Black Azurite. Interior leather isn't individual, though it is full.

Sybaek - are you east coast? Odd to think production is so limited that we'd be related, but it totally makes me feel better thinking I gave up a slot for someone whose car was outright destroyed.
What was the color on your original order?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 11:23 PM   #11
Spara
Private
United_States
Rep

Black Sapphire
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #12
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Black Sapphire
I suggest you to shop around and see if you can either locate an April production or a better price from other dealers. IMO it doesn't make sense to pay the same price while your order has been pushed back twice, but that also depends on where you live.

My CA was able to find me an April production after I started shopping around.
Appreciate 0