F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > P00BD Check Engine
proTUNING Freaks

03-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
greekd3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i MSPORT

P00BD Check Engine

I purchased a 2015 335I AWD in a 6spd Manual last week and have been throwing a P00BD code. After resetting a couple times the OBDII scanner now displays the code as "permanent."

Code reads "Mass or Volume Air flow A Circuit Flow Too High." The vehicle is stock right now and I am reluctant to begin modding until any current challenges are resolved. I'm still under factory warranty for another 18 months, but do not have the time to take the car in solely for a code in the absence of symptoms.

Is this a typical problem with the N55? Has anyone encountered this persistent code?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #2
loggin
Private
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekd3 View Post
I purchased a 2015 335I AWD in a 6spd Manual last week and have been throwing a P00BD code. After resetting a couple times the OBDII scanner now displays the code as "permanent."

Code reads "Mass or Volume Air flow A Circuit Flow Too High." The vehicle is stock right now and I am reluctant to begin modding until any current challenges are resolved. I'm still under factory warranty for another 18 months, but do not have the time to take the car in solely for a code in the absence of symptoms.

Is this a typical problem with the N55? Has anyone encountered this persistent code?
Might have something to do with waste gate actuator or the blow off valve.. Hard to say without more info..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #3
greekd3
Private
Rep

I just noticed that the code comes on after the car expenses a stutter under some load. The stutter is similar to the feeling you get when you switch into sport mode under acceleration from comfort mode.

Any ideas on what this symptom combined with a P00BD CEL could mean?

I did put on an intake today, and the code initially cleared. After some driving though, the stutter has become more persistent and the code came back on.

VSRF charge pipes, VSRF Intercooler and VSRF Catted Downpipe going on in July.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #4
_bdiddyb_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

I've had this problem when I forgot to tighten the clamp on the air intake. I also got this error after I installed a new charged pipe. After checking all connections and tightening them down securely, the error code never came up again after I cleared.
Appreciate 1
greekd334.00
      04-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
I just noticed that the code comes on after the car expenses a stutter under some load. The stutter is similar to the feeling you get when you switch into sport mode under acceleration from comfort mode.

Any ideas on what this symptom combined with a P00BD CEL could mean?

I did put on an intake today, and the code initially cleared. After some driving though, the stutter has become more persistent and the code came back on.
Check all your connections. Entirely possible something is cracked or loose. It's not uncommon for the CP to fail on these, stock.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 1
greekd334.00
      04-16-2018, 09:49 PM   #6
greekd3
Private
Rep

I am starting to notice that the code coincides with a symptom. I have a 6spd manual and the car will sometimes feel as if it is downshifting. It feels like a quick hesitation and then an increase in power. Similar to switching the car from comfort to sport while accelerating.

I recently put on a conservative tune and an intake and the mods definitely have made the problem more frequent.

All connections are secured that I can see, but the hot side of the charge pipe is not easily accessible. Would this symptom also suggest a charge pipe issue?

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #7
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I am starting to notice that the code coincides with a symptom. I have a 6spd manual and the car will sometimes feel as if it is downshifting. It feels like a quick hesitation and then an increase in power. Similar to switching the car from comfort to sport while accelerating.

I recently put on a conservative tune and an intake and the mods definitely have made the problem more frequent.

All connections are secured that I can see, but the hot side of the charge pipe is not easily accessible. Would this symptom also suggest a charge pipe issue?
I would say it's either a leak issue from a CP or the intake, OR the MAF is damaged somehow... My money is on CP because those things are trash and break even on stock cars.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 12:13 AM   #8
greekd3
Private
Rep

Is it just me or is my charge pipe already aftermarket? I was checking the connections and noticed the pipe doesn't look like the ones I've seen on stock cars. Mine is silver metal and I believe stock is black plastic? There is no logo or name brand on it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
I would say it's either a leak issue from a CP or the intake, OR the MAF is damaged somehow... My money is on CP because those things are trash and break even on stock cars.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Untitled.pdf (200.0 KB, 824 views)

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 02:06 AM   #9
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Is it just me or is my charge pipe already aftermarket? I was checking the connections and noticed the pipe doesn't look like the ones I've seen on stock cars. Mine is silver metal and I believe stock is black plastic? There is no logo or name brand on it though.
Looks like it, unless I'm missing something about the N55 CP lol.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=13_1500

Appreciate 0