F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Who has successfully rejected a financed bmw?
GetBMWParts

01-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #1
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i touring - incoming

Who has successfully rejected a financed bmw?

So after a very brief 4 week fling in an X4 which had an unknown steering/suspension/something else issue causing knocking on manouvering yesterday I told the dealer I was rejecting the car.

They were really good about it, took all the docs, v5 & keys and have confirmed in writing that bmw have agreed to buy the car back at the original price. I have put in a new order (f31 340i) and they have put me in a 530d touring until my new car is ready, potentially 3 months.

The X4 was financed through bmw fs and the new one will be too.

Has anyone got any experience of how long this takes once the dealer agrees? I want the car moved back into the trade asap and obviously want my 1 month payment on the x4 refunded as agreed as well as any liability with bmw fs against my name for the x4 being cleared.

Any experiences would be great.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

You just rejected the car for that, without BMW trying to fix it!?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 02:53 AM   #3
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
You just rejected the car for that, without BMW trying to fix it!?
They tried to fix it twice and had no idea what was wrong with it. On a 2 weeks old car I wasn't happy with them experimenting and swapping over major suspension components. I gave them a chance to fix it but by law I didn't need to. I also let them sell me another, which again I didn't need to.

Id like to keep the thread on the topic of how long it takes to get this processed rather than the rejection itself.

Last edited by NotGotABimmer23; 01-14-2018 at 03:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 03:30 AM   #4
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Are you certain that BMW UK are processing a 'rejection' rather than the dealer sorting out an early trade?

I have experience of the latter, however I kept my 'old' car and carried on with payments until my new car was ready. The new car finance was adjusted to reflect the extra payments made to the old car.

In your case, I suspect your old car will go straight into AUC and they will need finance sorted when sold, so a bit more urgent than mine.

Either way, the deal will go down like has been agreed, so nothing to stress over.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 03:35 AM   #5
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Are you certain that BMW UK are processing a 'rejection' rather than the dealer sorting out an early trade?

I have experience of the latter, however I kept my 'old' car and carried on with payments until my new car was ready. The new car finance was adjusted to reflect the extra payments made to the old car.

In your case, I suspect your old car will go straight into AUC and they will need finance sorted when sold, so a bit more urgent than mine.

Either way, the deal will go down like has been agreed, so nothing to stress over.
PM'd
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 03:36 AM   #6
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
They tried to fix it twice and had no idea what was wrong with it. On a 2 weeks old car I wasn't happy with them experimenting and swapping over major suspension components. I gave them a chance to fix it but by law I didn't need to. I also let them sell me another, which again I didn't need to.

Id like to keep the thread on the topic of how long it takes to get this processed rather than the rejection itself.
I’m pretty sure by law you do have to give them the opportunity to fix it!?

Wouldn’t they be able to tell you how long it takes to get processed?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 03:53 AM   #7
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I’m pretty sure by law you do have to give them the opportunity to fix it!?

Wouldn’t they be able to tell you how long it takes to get processed?
PM'd and yeah I know the dealer would be the best bet, I guess I'm quite stressed and wanted to hear others experiences.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
AndyEssex330d
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport +

OP, if the dealer has accepted and taken another order, it is not in their interest to prolong the process, BMW FS have purchased back at original price so your payment will come back, or more likely taken off the next car potentially, either way, I think you are safe.

Agree with rejecting a car, BMW need opportunity to fix it, however you have provided them opportunity and dealer accepted the rejection has settled any argument over the issues.

Good luck I hope the new car is faultless!

Andy