THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Wheels and Tires Items Feeler: 19x8.5/9.5 VMR V710, gunmetal, 100 miles new

11-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
Ari00
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xdrive

Feeler: 19x8.5/9.5 VMR V710, gunmetal, 100 miles new

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi all, I am selling a set of practically new 19" VMR V710s as the title says. Put them on and drove for a little over 100 miles. Although I should know enough myself NOT to go squared setup on an Xdrive, my research as well as a rep at lets just say a well known retailer we all probably know here convinced me staggered was fine and they had sold numerous sets to Xdrive owners without any issues. Needless to say my particular vehicle's drivetrain, while not miserable, is telling me its not happy.

My loss is your gain....I will ONLY sell to rwd owners. I am in no rush to unload them. They come with 235/35 and 265/30 19" MP4S tires.....I paid a little over 2300 for the set and have the invoice as well. Asking 2000 OBO locally in New England, or I can negotiate shipping if out of state or not within drivng distance.

As for me being new here, I go by the same User ID on E46Fanatics for the last 15 years or so. I still have my 04 zhp 330ci but traded an S4 for my CPO m235i. Love the car otherwise!

Just a heads up...i work over 80 hrs a week 6 days, so if I don't get to reply asap, I will do so by late eve or the next morning. Regarding pics, I will gladly post this eve or can email anyone who PMs me in the interim. Thanks for looking!

Ari

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Rony316
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i XDrive Convertible

I'm in New England and pretty interested at this price but am XDrive. Can you explain how/why this was not a great setup?
      11-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
Ari00
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi there. Basically even though the car is new to me, I thought I felt some hesitation in the drivetrain in acceleration. Something like a torque curve on a dyno that seems to dip a tad and then come back again on and off. This could be due to numerous reasons. It could just be in my head, or possibly I read somewhere recently that some of our cars' transfer cases may leave the factory with less than optimal fill of fluid. Maybe mine is one of them and it is just being finnicky with the staggered setup.

Because I am around 10k miles and under an extended warranty, I would rather not drive the car this way. Others have, and with no issues. If interested please PM me as that will ensure a quicker response. I do currently have a couple offers so if in NE pls contact me asap. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #4
onsafari
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Ari00.....I was feeling the same thing as your feeling in your car and running the stock square setup. The dealer noticed it as well and did a software update to the transmission and it seems to have gone away. Not saying this is your issue but I would think taking it in to the dealer to check would be a good idea either way.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
Ari00
Enlisted Member
Rep

Onsafari thank you so much! That is definitely worth a try. I had mentioned initially I am a long standing member of an E46 forum and new here, but grateful for people like yourself for these helpful things. Many thanks again
Appreciate 0