BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Connected + Features?

11-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
jukkha156
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ix3 M Sport Pro

Connected + Features?

Hi there,

just signed up to the Connected + features for the 1 month trial (£1.00). This is for my 530e.

However i am really failing to see what is different to the features i had already?

I guess i should ask bmw genius unless anyone else know?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by jukkha156; 11-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
I didn't even know that there was a Connected+

Have been using the Connected App for last 3 years on my F32. Looking forward to the G30 arrival end of this month. Let me know what additional features you get for +, after you speak to Genius.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I don't know it by that term but I am guessing that it is the continued use of the hotspot.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
BarlasaM
Gravity Sucks.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Straight from the Horses mouth, so to speak:

Connected+

BACKGROUND

While BMW Connected is the app designed to bridge your digital life and your BMW, making them more integrated and seamless than ever, BMW Connected+ expands that bridge to a four-lane highway and is always ready for future expansion.

HOW DO I GET IT?

Connected+ comes with BMW Connected enabled vehicles as of July 2017 production. It requires at least version 6.1 (iOS) of the app. For BMW Connected enabled vehicles with iDrive 5 or 6 built prior to that date, Connected+ will be available in the Connected store in the future. Connected+ is offered with a one-year free trial. Pricing to re-subscribe will be announced at a later date.

The globe with the "+" icon next to vehicles shown in the Vehicle tab of your BMW Connected app denotes the vehicle is Connected+ enabled.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

These are the first four features of Connected+:
1.Send my routes - You'll now be able to send interim stops for more advanced trip planning. Does the Connected App show that your fuel is low? No problem. Just add one of the many suggested fuel stops now popping up on your route.
2.Share live trip status - From iDrive, you'll be able to send live trip status with friends and family. They'll receive a link that takes them to a responsive website showing a map, your vehicle position and destination, as well as your ETA.
3.Full door to door navigation - Walking directions to your vehicle, seamless handover to iDrive navigation, then a seamless handover from the vehicle navigation back to your smartphone with walking directions to the final destination.
4.My Destinations - This will enhance the experience with entering destinations. Addresses of your contacts are pulled in and searchable. You can add a contact address into a planned trip.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      11-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Hmmm... don't see a massive difference in additional options offered vs standard connected app. Hope they'll add lot more useful features than sell to us that this is ground breaking.

Thanks for sharing mate.
Appreciate 1
BarlasaM172.00
      11-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
BarlasaM
Gravity Sucks.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Here is the YouTube link showing BMW Connected+
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      11-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #7
jukkha156
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ix3 M Sport Pro

Thanks for the reply guys. Yes, it is such minimal difference that you hardly notice anything has changed..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #8
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I play golf with a guy who forgets and often drives his golf cart in front of us. We jokingly say "it is all about him". I don't see anything here that I would use and the trip sharing feature reminds me of my friend. I am not so narcissistic that I need to have my friends track my trip!

Last edited by SteveinArizona; 11-14-2017 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: spell error
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #9
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I play golf with a guy who forgets and often drives his golf cart in front of us. We jokingly say "it is all about him". I don't see anything here that I would use and the trip sharing feature reminds me of my friend. I am not so narcissistic that I need to have my friends track my trip!
Reminds me of a friend of mine who cant go to the toilet without putting it up on Facebook. It screams of "look at me"!!
Appreciate 0