E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Door Locks Not Working With The Fob

10-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #1
Monger007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E-90 320D M Sport

Door Locks Not Working With The Fob

Today when i tried to lock my car using the key fob there was no response. So i removed the key from the fob and done it manually.

1. I have checked the fuses as per the diagram related to the issue and all fuses are good, also double checked using a meter.

2. When inside the car and use the lock button on the dash it can lock and unlock the 4 doors no problem.

3. I have both FOB's for the car that i switch around to charge the battery and neither can active the locks.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 06:56 AM   #2
P14kle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91

Is the car an e91?? (Touring)

If so, likely to be broken wires within the right hand wiring loom on the tailgate. Very common problem.

You would need to cut open the rubber gaitor, repair the wires and then tape up the gaitor again to keep water out.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
ChawenHalo
Second Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: E91 330d XDrive LCI M Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by P14kle View Post
Is the car an e91?? (Touring)

If so, likely to be broken wires within the right hand wiring loom on the tailgate. Very common problem.

You would need to cut open the rubber gaitor, repair the wires and then tape up the gaitor again to keep water out.
Does that also concern LCI? I though the tail gate actuator thing was pre LCI only? Mine does however sometimes struggle to shut properly, and this despite me greasing the latch. Could it be a sign of it being on its way out?

To the OP: if you can bear the doors trying to unlock, try and spray a little wd40 in all its orifices
1. The nipple bits that pop in and out top of the door inside as you lack and unlock
2. The latch itself that clamps on the door frame (you can get the WD40 red pipe in 3 different spots there
3. The actual door lock outside, some which are covered by plastic cover.

Mine were starting to be noisy, a little slow and not synchronised. Much smoother and faster now.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 10:45 PM   #4
Monger007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E-90 320D M Sport

Gents i have now discovered something that was previously unknown to me.

I thought my Key Fob was the type that charges when placed in the dash slot. I have now discovered that it is fitted with a CR2032 battery, i have now fitted a new battery and all is back to normal.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #5
ChawenHalo
Second Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: E91 330d XDrive LCI M Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger007 View Post
Gents i have now discovered something that was previously unknown to me.

I thought my Key Fob was the type that charges when placed in the dash slot. I have now discovered that it is fitted with a CR2032 battery, i have now fitted a new battery and all is back to normal.
Yeah I think its in the manual somewhere to regularly change keys so they recharge?...
Appreciate 0