THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Where to get an already-purchased dual dashcam installed in GTA/Toronto?

10-07-2017, 03:33 AM   #1
getgot
Canada
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Where to get an already-purchased dual dashcam installed in GTA/Toronto?

Buying the Thinkware F770 dual dashcam and need it installed in my M240i. Based on the videos I've watched, it looks simple enough to DIY, but I lack some of the necessary tools, and for space/won't-use-them-enought reasons I don't think it's worth buying them.

I'd like to get it installed, but seeking recommendations. Since it's a dual camera and the battery is in the back, certain steps if done improperly can void the warranty, interfere with airbag function, or cause undue battery drain.

Does anyone know of a reputable technician who can do this affordably and reliably? I would be supplying the camera. Willing to go anywhere in GTA, even Buffalo if there's an extra decent deal there.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
eclipes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i Msport

Lockdown security in markham.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Lockdown Security in Markham also installed my dash cam.
I highly recommend them.
I'm pretty sure they'll do your installation even if you didn't buy the unit there.

https://lockdownsecuritycanada.ca/pa...ll-appointment
      10-14-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
DarthDZL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgot View Post
Buying the Thinkware F770 dual dashcam and need it installed in my M240i. Based on the videos I've watched, it looks simple enough to DIY, but I lack some of the necessary tools, and for space/won't-use-them-enought reasons I don't think it's worth buying them.

I'd like to get it installed, but seeking recommendations. Since it's a dual camera and the battery is in the back, certain steps if done improperly can void the warranty, interfere with airbag function, or cause undue battery drain.

Does anyone know of a reputable technician who can do this affordably and reliably? I would be supplying the camera. Willing to go anywhere in GTA, even Buffalo if there's an extra decent deal there.
Mtech Auto in Thornhill... true BMW enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0