BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Black Vs. Ivory White Seats?

09-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #1
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Black Vs. Ivory White Seats?

Hi guys,

I have a 530d M Sport on order. I've always had the boring black seats in all my cars. Having seen few videos, I'm thinking Ivory White could look pretty nice as the car is Mediterranean Blue with Piano Black trim.

I'm wondering how difficult it is to maintain Ivory White. Anyone with experience of Ivory White seats?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Wondering this as well looking to get it with the m550
      09-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Ivory takes a bit more care but looks great.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      09-30-2017, 06:46 AM   #4
Ryno 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition, X5 M50i

I had ivory last 5 series; virtually zero maintenance at all. I wore denim jeans in the car everyday, without any bleed/stains. Its a great color. However, female passengers manage to get make-up residue on the armrests that does show over time. so, a little maintenance here and there may be required.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      10-01-2017, 04:15 AM   #5
lnaukkar
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: G30 530e, F40 118i

I had Black Dakota leather in my previous 5 series. I cleaned and treated the leather every 3-4 months and that was enough to have it looking like brand new at the trade-in after 2 years and 50 000 km.

Now 3 months (and soon 6000 km) in with my current Ivory Dakota, I've already had to clean the leather twice. And I had to resort to dye removal for the drivers seat.

It's clearly more work to keep it looking brand new. But it looks so damn good

Also, when ordering my car, I had a chance to drive a dealer demo with Ivory leather and about 5000 kms. Lets just say that drivers seat wasn't that white anymore, but I don't think it had ever been cleaned.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      10-01-2017, 04:42 AM   #6
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Looks like the consensus is that Ivory looks damned good but needs good care. Think I?m going to keep black seats on order as I?m sure my daughter will appreciate not having a new set of rules for the car
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2372.50
      10-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #7
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
Hi guys,

I have a 530d M Sport on order. I've always had the boring black seats in all my cars. Having seen few videos, I'm thinking Ivory White could look pretty nice as the car is Mediterranean Blue with Piano Black trim.

I'm wondering how difficult it is to maintain Ivory White. Anyone with experience of Ivory White seats?

Cheers
This sounds like what I am planning to get. Mediterranean Blue, Piano black trim and nappa ivory white upholstery. I think it looks really nice and like you I think black on black on black interior is too me too boring. I like some color contrast.

So while everyone has different taste, I love yours.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      10-24-2017, 08:40 AM   #8
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
This sounds like what I am planning to get. Mediterranean Blue, Piano black trim and nappa ivory white upholstery. I think it looks really nice and like you I think black on black on black interior is too me too boring. I like some color contrast.

I ended up being afraid of the ivory white interior even though I truly love the look. I ordered bluestone metaillic paint with mocha nappa upholstery. I would have preferred a couple of the "individual" Merino colors but it would have delayed my order and I couldm't wait for that.

Personally, I don't like black upholstery in a black interior. No contrast.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #9
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I ended up being afraid of the ivory white interior even though I truly love the look. I ordered bluestone metaillic paint with mocha nappa upholstery. I would have preferred a couple of the "individual" Merino colors but it would have delayed my order and I couldm't wait for that.

Personally, I don't like black upholstery in a black interior. No contrast.
Me too. Ended up with Mediterranean Blue and Black seats. Didn't want to lay down a whole new set of rules for my daughter
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2372.50