F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Evaporator access
Studio RSR

09-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
Zoldyck
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i RWD

Evaporator access

Hi all,

I am trying to gain access to the a/c evaporator fins without removing the whole console because I want to spray some 'Klima Cleaner' foam onto the unit to remove some funky smell that's been bugging me for quite some time.

Does anyone have any experience before? I am not sure I should do it via:
1) Air vents
2) Blower fan fin; or
3) Cabin air filter housing.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
There are products like Odor Bomb by Dakota that you use to fog the inside of your car. You can run the AC and fans while fogging to get it to all the parts of your AC system.

There are other products out there - there's one readily available at Canadian Tire that is the same idea.

Hope that helps. BTW - some guy on the forums lost some takeout tortillas in his car and had to track that down when they went rancid
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
Zoldyck
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
There are products like Odor Bomb by Dakota that you use to fog the inside of your car. You can run the AC and fans while fogging to get it to all the parts of your AC system.

There are other products out there - there's one readily available at Canadian Tire that is the same idea.

Hope that helps. BTW - some guy on the forums lost some takeout tortillas in his car and had to track that down when they went rancid
Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 03:49 AM   #4
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Might be worth trying : Set temp to MAX. Leave with engine running for 30-40 minutes. The heat will be highly likely to kill any bacteria in the system.

Make sure you're either with the car, or the car is somewhere that it can't be nicked, obviously ...
Appreciate 0