BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 530dMsport delivery delay UK

09-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
amritkang
Rep
Drives: bmw

530dMsport delivery delay UK

Hi Guys

So I ordered a 530d a few months ago,and was expecting delivery next week.
Today I received a phone call saying that there was a safety recall on a seatbelt module and my car cannot be released?.. Im apparently goin to now receive a replacement vehicle in the meantime (probibly a 120d!) until its ready to be released??

Anyone else had this in the uk? I find it a bit strange as iv seen a few 67 plates driving around yet they only came out on the 1st sept .. so didnt those dealers get the memo of the recall?!?!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:40 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I have a g30 and have not heard anythimg about a recall. car built in July.

not much you can do about I am afraid . I know it will be frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 03:08 AM   #3
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
I just had an interesting chat with a BMW Genius. I wanted to check the order status for my 530d M Sport. He started off by mentioning a delay but quickly went off that. So, there must be something going on behind the scenes.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep

if you have your vin wonder if its the same factory where there is a delay or whether its global?
should ask the genuis what the delay is, if they dont know ask them to find out. wont get the car any quicker but at least you will know why.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #5
Louiscarrie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520se

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritkang View Post
Hi Guys

So I ordered a 530d a few months ago,and was expecting delivery next week.
Today I received a phone call saying that there was a safety recall on a seatbelt module and my car cannot be released?.. Im apparently goin to now receive a replacement vehicle in the meantime (probibly a 120d!) until its ready to be released??

Anyone else had this in the uk? I find it a bit strange as iv seen a few 67 plates driving around yet they only came out on the 1st sept .. so didnt those dealers get the memo of the recall?!?!
hi, I took delivery of my new 520Se on the 18th of August, and took my car back to the dealers on the 29th with a small annoying rattle from the rear shelf, only to be told my car was being confiscated, as BMW has recalled the car due to serious safety issues with the vehicle. After a week I called the dealer, and was told that BMW would be releasing an update on the recall on the 12th of September. Again I was not told what the issue was, so I called BMW UK, and complained. I was told that on the 24th of August BMW Germany recalled all G30s, as they had to check the front seat belts, as there was a potential issue with the pretentioners not working in an accident, hence taking them off the road, and delaying any deliveries. It was also confirmed that an update will be given to the dealers on the 12th, as to what happens next, which could be that my car needs to be returned to the factory, however this was to be as a last resort. I have not been left without a car, and I was given a 520 msport which does not need to be recalled. Hope this helps you.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #6
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

http://www.recallmasters.com/bmw-rec...ive-seatbelts/

Doesn't look like its all G30's, just an unlucky proportion. Delays like that must be agonising.

Not sure which models are affected, but I'm hoping that cars due to be built won't suffer now that the issue has been discovered, as I have a 540i on order.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #7
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01) xDrive20i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiscarrie View Post
hi, I took delivery of my new 520Se on the 18th of August, and took my car back to the dealers on the 29th with a small annoying rattle from the rear shelf, only to be told my car was being confiscated, as BMW has recalled the car due to serious safety issues with the vehicle. After a week I called the dealer, and was told that BMW would be releasing an update on the recall on the 12th of September. Again I was not told what the issue was, so I called BMW UK, and complained. I was told that on the 24th of August BMW Germany recalled all G30s, as they had to check the front seat belts, as there was a potential issue with the pretentioners not working in an accident, hence taking them off the road, and delaying any deliveries. It was also confirmed that an update will be given to the dealers on the 12th, as to what happens next, which could be that my car needs to be returned to the factory, however this was to be as a last resort. I have not been left without a car, and I was given a 520 msport which does not need to be recalled. Hope this helps you.
wow mate that for real? I have had no calls or emails yet.

I got my 530i delivered in June so i take it this may be affected too? I do some mileage as i travel from north east to london. Also with kids too and this is slightly worrying.

Anything else from anyone else especially in the north east would be appreciated?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #8
amritkang
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hi Guys, I was informed by the dealer that the bmw had lifted the recall and my car was deliveried yesterday as planned. So could possibly only be a very small ammount of cars affected.

Hopefully this helps and dont cause anyone any worries.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 05:52 AM   #9
AP
Major General
Rep

If anyone is concerned for a car they already have, other than your dealer, BMW UK con 03705050160 can also tell you,

I rang up just to confirm if my car was affected, its not although they have a recall listed against it for something to do with teh gear selector and programming. So sounds like a software update of some sort.
Appreciate 0