F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Tierod replacement - small clunk drivers side
proTUNING Freaks

08-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
Aaroona
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW

Tierod replacement - small clunk drivers side

When going over a bump slowly, or trying to turn the wheel slightly (most noticeable when off), there is a slight clunk coming from the drivers side wheel.

I had an opportunity to put my car up on a hoist the other day, and there was a bit of play in the drivers wheel when held at 3 and 9 and pulled either side of the wheel.

this leads me to believe it's to do with the tie rid... so looking at replacement.

The problem is, I cant tell what parts are included in the part number. Some are advertised as "complete tie rod assembly" and others are "tie rod assembly" - but what does that mean? Does that include the balljoint and rubber boots, clips and nut?

As an example,
https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-f...t=32106799965S is the Pro Kit from SWAG, which APPEARS from the pictures to include items 1-7 listed here on Real OEM, but only lists part number 32106799965

But then when I look here at the Lemforder from (people seem to recommend them, though that recommendation is a few years old), FCP Euro they show the assembly, including the balljoint, but still only list 32106799965 but don't show the rubber boots and clips.

From what I understand I should be replacing items 1-7 when doing this tie rod.. So want to make sure I order it all at once, since I live in NZ and shipping would get expensive for multiple orders.
Appreciate 0