THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA ConnectedDrive (esp. Android users)

07-18-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

ConnectedDrive (esp. Android users)

Hi,

I wanted to see if we could put our heads together and come up with some sort of coordinated approach to convince BMW to give us at least the same functionality in Canada as in the rest of the world.

I can't speak for iOS, except to say that last time I checked the Connected+ apps don't work for Canadians and you're stuck with Connected Classic. For us Android users, it's even worse because Connected Classic won't even support Spotify through our phones and BMW Remote won't work on Nougat or later (crashes every time on all 7.0+ devices).

As an individual. I did receive a settlement for the misleading advertising on their website about Canadian functionality but that does nothing to convince them to actually address the issue. I risk coming off as a lone wolf crank if I keep pushing on my own and perhaps if they can see that there's a more significant cohort of disaffected BMW customers they might address this.

The fix is actually pretty simple. All they need to do is allow us to register our VINs on the Connected Drive portal. On Android, the Connected + app installs and runs fine, just won't let you attach a Canadian VIN.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41904.00
      07-19-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
faston
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe xDrive

JohnnyCanuck:

On the Canada section of the F30 forum there is a poster who appears to have some insight into BMW Canada's plans and he says that there is limited functionality in the ConnectedDrive app coming for Canadians late this month and full functionality and access to the ConnectedDrive portal next year. Don't know if that is completly solid info but there you go. May be some relief on the horizon.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by faston View Post
JohnnyCanuck:

On the Canada section of the F30 forum there is a poster who appears to have some insight into BMW Canada's plans and he says that there is limited functionality in the ConnectedDrive app coming for Canadians late this month and full functionality and access to the ConnectedDrive portal next year. Don't know if that is completly solid info but there you go. May be some relief on the horizon.
Thanks faston ... I found the relevant threads and, while not thrilled, it does appear that they are moving towards a solution. For those interested, the thread is here: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1368336

Last edited by JohnnyCanuck; 07-19-2017 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
samej
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F22 M240i xDrive MG

I'm a bit of a noob here but what do you all have running for apps? I have the BMW Remote app on my iPhone. I can locate my car, send maps to it, lock/unock it, flash the lights, horn, pre-condition (turn on the fan).

Are there other Apps out there that work in Canada?
2007 335i Premium
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #5
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

I'd be on board to solve this... I've owned 7 bmws in the last 6 years and NONE of that connecteddrive junk ever worked including the connected drive store in idrive. I'do e to be a me use spotify.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0